Chapter 27: First Infection

The ajumma was clinging onto Handong as they rode on her bike to get to their designated location. While they were busy navigating through the neighbourhood to get to the house, the others followed closely behind, including Gahyeon who jumped into Sua's car before any of the members realized what she was doing. 5 blocks from the Lee's house later, they've arrived at the house. As the duo on the motorcycle arrived first, they went inside the house and found the living room trashed.

"Ajumma, where is he?" asked Handong. Right after, they heard a muffled shout coming from upstairs.

"He's in his room but I locked it," ajumma gave her son's key room to Handong. She took the key and ran up the stairs.

Just a moment later, the others arrived at ajumma's house. They ran inside and saw ajumma standing in the living room alone and looked worriedly at the stairs.

"Ajumma, where's your son and Handong?" asked Dami.

"He is upstairs and Handong just went up to his room." Suddenly, they heard someone groan loudly from upstairs. They immediately all went upstairs and went to the door that was wide open.

They barged inside and stopped short, all completely shocked to see Handong lying down on the floor while the ajumma's son advanced towards her.

"Handong!" he heard someone shout behind him. He turned around and saw the girls.

"Yoohyeon, take Gahyeon and ajumma away from here. Sua and I will try to get Handong out," said Jiu. Yoohyeon nodded as she pulled Gahyeon and ajumma out of the room to prevent them from getting injured. Gahyeon glanced upon a framed picture that hung on the wall which showed ajumma and her husband with their son. Out of a sudden, her head ached as she groaned in pain.

"Hey, Gahyeon are you alright?" Yoohyeon held Gahyeon's shoulder as she gripped her head.

"I-I'm fine... " said Gahyeon. She remembered something when she saw that boy in the picture.

"I...remember now..."

~~~~~~~~~

"Calm down. We don't want to hurt you," Dami slowly came closer to the man as her left hand hid behind her back, covertly wrapping her fingers around a taser in her back pocket.

While he was getting distracted, Jiu and Sua noiselessly went to Handong who was still knocked out cold. They each hoisted Handong up with both arms and tried to go out of the room undetected. With luck on the bad side, Sua accidentally stepped on a pencil cracking it on the wooden floor. The man heard and glared at Jiu and Sua who tried to escape with Handong.

"Run!" shouted Dami as they made a quick dash out of the room. He could only take two steps before he got shocked on his neck by the taser, and he fell down, twitching. He tried to fight back but then, Jiu came and helped Dami. She took out a syringe which had a catnip liquor inside and injected him, holding hims as he slowly got weaker by its effect. Ajumma's son finally collapsed from the injection.

Yoohyeon, Gahyeon and ajumma went back inside the room as they saw Jiu and Dami lifting him up and settled him on his bed.

"Is he gonna be okay?" asked ajumma to Dami.

"I don't know..."

Yoohyeon looked around his room and found something suspicious as she checked inside a luggage on the desk. Some small and familiar looking packages were poking out of the baggage. She picked one up and looking closer, she knew it was the same drugs that they stole a few days ago.

"Girls, look what I found," Yoohyeon showed them the little plastic bag.

"What is this?" asked Gahyeon.