Chapter 34: I'm Here With You

You said that you loved me...

You said that you cared...

But once you were gone...

I was very scared...

I'm sorry...

Mama...

***

Xiumin placed a cold wet towel on Handong's forehead who still hadn't woken up after collapsing. As he was running up to Handong, figuring out what happened, the answer materialized when he touched her skin. It seemed that she caught a cold while he was gone. He was worried it happened while he was not present and so he had been sitting at her bedside, taking care of her.

"How can she get a fever? She was alright before." He held her hand and patted her head, feeling a little ounce of relief that at least it was just a fever. A grumble coming from the occupant on the bed made him snap his attention to her. Smiling in ease as Handong started to wake. Handong finally opened her eyes and realized she was lying on a bed rather than on the hardwood floor of the cabin and Xiumin beside her.

"Hey, are you feeling alright? You got a fever," Xiumin murmured.

"Did...I? I guess jumping in the cold lake was not a good idea..." Handong grumbled weakly. She tried to get up but her body felt too weak move.

"You have to take a rest. I will cook something hot for you. Okay?" He asked Handong and she nodded.

"Thanks, Xiumin."

____________________

Mino arrived home after finishing his work. As soon he got out of the car, he walked to the front door and unlocked it. He took off his shoes and went upstairs, proceeding to his room as he saw Jiu who was lying on the bed, watching a show on television. 

"Hey princess."

"Hey. How's your work today?" she got up and helped taking his suit off.

"Just fine as always," he smiled. Jiu grabbed some hangers from the closet and hung his suit and tie on the hooks on the wall.

"Minji, can I tell you something?"

"What is it?"

"About Handong..."

"Huh?"

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I accidentally heard Madam Yoona and Jooheon talking about her in Madam's office. She said that Handong had a murder case before she became an agent," Mino explained.

"Mur.. der case?" Jiu repeated, shocked to be hearing this for the first time.

"Did you know about it?" he asked.

"I... I didn't know. Madam Yoona never told us about her or even the other members' past. She said it was classified and we didn't have a right to know about it." She thought it would take a lot of time to process this piece of information.

"There's more. Madam Yoona mentioned that she couldn't stand seeing a knife because it was a weapon that was used.. This whole thing is confusing me."

"I don't think she would kill someone on purpose. I think she did that to protect herself from danger and because of that, she had a traumatic experience. Mostly reoccurring effect is if she is faced with a knife," said Jiu.

"And what makes you so sure about that?"

Jiu turned around, looking out through the window but not actually seeing anything. "I nearly got killed when we were training together..."