Chapter 49: Antidote

Jiu managed to sneak out from the hospital with some help from Gahyeon and Hyungwon. While Hyungwon drove them to the second department, Jiu called Yoohyeon to ask her where Jooheon's office was.

----------------

"Yo."

"Tree, do you know where Jooheon's office is in the second department?"

"Yeah, I know. It's at level 2. Why?"

"I need to see him right now. I need his help on how to cure Dami before she's got the drug infection."

"Wait...y-you know about Dami? Jiu, we're sorry to keep this secret--"

"You girls can apologize later but right now I need to see Jooheon.."

"Right now? But you're still not discharged from the hospital."

Jiu cleared her throat. "I-I... sneaked out, with Gahyeon and Hyungwon. Please don't tell the others. Especially Madam Yoona."

"Okay I will but..."

"But what?"

"Jooheon is not in the office today. He had his day off."

"Damn it. So, do you know where he lives?"

"Yeah, it's nearby the second department area. I'll give the address to you and I will tell him that you're coming over."

"Thanks, Tree."

"No problem."

------------------

"So, where are we going, Jiu unnie?" Gahyeon asked after Jiu hung up her call with Yoohyeon.

"I'm waiting for Yoohyeon to give Jooheon's address and--" not 10 seconds later, she got the message from Yoohyeon. "Ok, that's quick."

She opened the message that Yoohyeon sent. "Here, Hyungwon. Take me there." She gave her phone to Hyungwon to show him the address.

"Jiu unnie?" Gahyeon called her name as Jiu hummed in reply.

"Is Dami unnie going to be a monster?" Jiu bit her lips as she was unable to answer Gahyeon's question. Contemplating the best response, she spoke.

"I don't know, Gahyeon. But we have to find the antidote to kill the drugs inside her without harming any more of her body. I can't use Neuro-block on her as I did to Sua's ex-husband." Jiu recalled back when she fought with Hyunwoo when she had to use the Neuro-block drug to stabilize him until he was fully paralyzed before she went unconscious.

Ten minutes later, they arrived in front of a bungalow house. "According to the address that you gave, Jiu, I think this is it," said Hyungwon as they climbed out of the car. Gahyeon quickly ran over to Jiu as she wrapped her right hand around her left arm, helping her walk.

"Thanks, Gahyeon," said Jiu as Gahyeon replied with a smile. Three of them went up a few steps that led to the front door. Hyungwon reaching the door first, pushed the doorbell and waited for Jooheon to open it.

Just as Jiu and Gahyeon reached the top step, the door opened to see Jooheon greeting Jiu with two others that he didn't recognize.

"Yoohyeon called me that you're coming by but she didn't tell me that you were accompanied?" he asked.

"They're with me," Jiu replied.

He nodded opening the doors wider. "Let's get you guys inside." Jooheon let them in as he closed the door.

Jooheon turned to Jiu immediately after. "You ran away from the hospital just to meet me? Why you didn't just call me to go there?"

"Firstly, I'm sneaking out for a while and secondly, I need you to find the antidote for the Angel Dust quickly," she replied briskly.