Chapter 56: Location

After the front desk staff told Siyeon and Yoohyeon about Handong absence yesterday, they sprinted back where they came and drove off. But before they went, Siyeon had issued a command for agents on duty to search for Handong at her house, hopefully finding their friend there. While they were driving, Yoohyeon jumped as her phone suddenly rang seeing she got a call from the agents. She picked up the call while her eyes scanned the streets.

"How is it, Agent?" she asked.

"Miss Handong isn't at her home, Miss Yoohyeon. Her motorcycle is not here too," said the agent.

"What about the neighbours in her area? Have they said anything?"

Another agent in duty answered. "We did, Miss Yoohyeon. They told us that they saw Miss Handong walking out of her house yesterday morning."

"Should be when she's going for work," Siyeon mumbled next to her.

Yoohyeon cursed. "Damn it. Where the hell did she go."

"What should we do now, Miss Yoohyeon?" asked the agents.

"You guys report back to NiTE. Siyeon and I will try to find her at her usual hangouts. Thank you for giving us a hand."

"You're welcome, Miss Yoohyeon." Yoohyeon ended the call, sighing.

Siyeon spoke up, "Yoohyeon, do you have Xiumin's number?"

"Yeah, we traded when we had our double date with Handong. Why?"

"Call him." Nodding, Yoohyeon took out her phone and dialled Xiumin's phone number.

She put the call on speaker mode and waited for Xiumin to pick up the phone call. "Come on, pick up."

A couple of rings later, Xiumin answered the call. "Hello?"

"Xiumin, it's me, Yoohyeon."

"Oh hey, Yoohyeon. How are you?" he asked.

"Not good! Your girlfriend is missing!" Yoohyeon blurted, giving away all tact as she panicked on what to say.

"What?!"

"Give me that!" Siyeon snatched Yoohyeon's phone from her, while she gave a stern glare.

"Xiumin, where are you right now?" Siyeon asked calmly.

"I-I'm heading to Mr Lee's house."

"Okay, wait outside when you arrive. We'll meet you there."

"Wait- hold on. What did Yoohyeon mean that Handong is missing?"

"I will explain to you later." Siyeon hung up the call and sighed. "Can you please try not to make him panic?!" She scolded Yoohyeon as she shoved back her friend's cellphone.

Yoohyeon jumped, wide-eyed at Siyeon's outburst. "I'm sorry-- I can't help it!"

"Aish, Xiumin must be worried thanks to you." It was a while that they stayed silent.

"At least we could share the constant worry all around," Yoohyeon snapped quietly. Before Siyeon could say anything, someone called Yoohyeon again and this time, it was their boss.

"Speaking about worried..." Yoohyeon showed her phone screen to Siyeon.

Siyeon held up a hand. "Take the call. Just-- don't panic this time." Yoohyeon nodded and took a deep breath to calm down.

"H-Hello, Madam Yoona."

"Yoohyeon, where are you right now?"

"Me? I'm at the office, w-with Siyeon."