Ch 1: Reunion

Y/N's Pov

I walked into the weapons shop with the receipt for an order I put in a few days before. I was getting an upgrade for my weapon that would allow the sheath to use gravity dust to pull projectiles into an orbit around it and then send them back, which give me another advantage in combat. I had also ordered about 40 pounds total of dust, since it was cheaper to buy in bulk. 

Shopkeeper: "If I may ask, what you plan to do with all this? Are you starting a war or something?"

Y/N: "Trying to prevent one."

Shopkeeper: "Well, I get paid to deliver not ask questions. Here you go."

I paid and left. This was going to be a long year. 

Timeskip

Yang's Pov

I was on the bullhead with the other new students at beacon academy. We had just heard the headmaster's speech about how important what we were doing was, and had seen a blond boy puke in the trash. I went looking around to try to meet some new people, only to find Y/N sitting alone with a massive box and what looked like some upgrades to his gear. He was talking on his scroll with someone, and he looked worried. 

Y/N: "Even if this is what we think it is, what can I do? I'm only one person... Yes I know that I'm the only one who you have on hand for this. What about her, is she awake yet? Dang. They will definitely come back for the rest of it... Hang on I have to go." He turned to me and quickly put away the scroll, so I didn't see who he was calling.

Yang: "Fancy meeting you here. Did you skip some years like Ruby?" I asked cheerfully. He didn't turn around and just looked out the window. I could see he had moved his sword from his back to on his belt, probably because he was finally tall enough to wield it normally.

Y/N: "I just took an entrance exam and they decided I was ahead. So I'm here now." I wasn't sure how much I believed him, but I didn't want to put his guard up so I didn't push it.

Yang: "Who were you on call with just now?"

Y/N: "Nothing you need to worry about."

Yang: "What's new with your toy there?" I asked, pointing his sheath which now had a visibly new attachment. 

Y/N: "Just a small upgrade." He was responding fast. I could tell he was trying to get me to leave. 

Yang: "Well, maybe I'll get to see it in action sometime. I also see that you finally got a new jacket. That old one was falling apart at the seams last time I saw you. This one looks a lot nicer on you too!" He blushed and looked away. I did mean it. The new jacket had a dark grey torso, and F/C sleeves. This one also didn't hang down to his ankles, instead being somewhat tight down to the waist where a small sheet of F/C material hung from the back of his belt down to his calves, probably to keep his tail covered. He was also wearing gloves along with knee and elbow pads. Outside of those, he didn't wear any body armor, since it only slowed him down.

Y/N: "I need to go. Why don't you just head off and make some new friends?" I could tell he was just flustered, but I knew chasing him wouldn't be worth it. He picked up his box and moved to another part of the bullhead. 

Timeskip

Yang's Pov

I saw Ruby arguing with some girl while surrounded by smoke. I just kept walking, figuring she would resolve it on her own. I then noticed Y/N sneaking off to somewhere with the big box he had on the bullhead. He disappeared into one of the student dorm buildings and came back out shortly after without it. He called someone on his scroll, and started talking again.

Y/N: "Alright, it's where you told me to put it." He then teleported to the edge of the courtyard, almost like he was trying not to attract attention. 

I then heard the loudspeakers say that all new students were to head to the auditorium for their orientation. I headed there and met up with Ruby. She and the girl she had been arguing with where walking together, followed by the boy who vomited on the ride and a black haired girl. I joined them, and we all headed into the auditorium.

Y/N's Pov

I hoped no one saw me deposit that massive container of dust in what was to be my room. I felt pretty safe about it, since I was selected for my task specifically because I was good at staying out of the center of attention. 

I moved into the auditorium so that I wouldn't cause any suspicion among the students. The truth was that I had already passed the final exam to get my hunstmen license, and I was here because Ozpin needed someone in the student body to monitor any rumors of our activity, and carry out my task without anyone even noticing. 

So far, so good, but what worried me was that Ruby and Yang were both here this year. I had hoped that none of the students would know me, but that clearly wouldn't be the case. 

Whatever, I thought, it's a big school. They should be more occupied with their teams soon enough. After the orientation speech, Ozpin told the students where they were sleeping for the night and to prepare for initiation tomorrow. I was glad to have a room of my own already, since it meant some privacy and I didn't have to deal with a team. 

I headed to my dorm, and got ready for bed. While I was unpacking, I caught myself thinking about what Yang had said on the bullhead. I hoped she hadn't seen how red I was when she complimented my new outfit. I stopped myself, telling myself she was way out of my league and would probably forget I existed after tomorrow. I hoped I was wrong, but I knew I couldn't dwell on it any longer. I then got in bed and went to sleep.