Ch 15: Battle of Beacon Aftermath

No Pov

Y/N had been called back to Ironwood after dealing with a few more Grimm. It was late afternoon.

Y/N: "What do you want?"

Ironwood: "You have done enough. You asked for our help, so here we are. You should take some time away from the front."

Y/N: "What is with you people? I can still help."

Ironwood: "And you could help more effectively if you would stop and maybe clean yourself up." He looked at his jacket which had several holes in it.

Y/N: "No, I'll just be wasting time. I can still fight. Besides, until Beacon is fully open again, I have nowhere to go."

Ironwood: "I am leading this effort right now, and I order you to get some rest. I can set you up with somewhere to stay until the school is stable."

Y/N: "Well, thank you for your time, general. I'll get back where I can help." He stormed out. Ironwood knew from how Ozpin spoke of this boy that there was no point in arguing with him. 

He was selfless to a fault, never even giving his own life or health any consideration. He was also the most stubborn person Ironwood had met, which was really saying something. He would go until his body failed him, if even that could stop him. Ironwood sighed, and got back to his work of coordinating the cleanup.

Ruby's Pov

Wiess had gone back to Atlas by request of her father, and Blake and Yang were still in the hospital recovering. Thankfully, I was still around and able to fight. I still was wondering  what happened when I saw Yang on the ground, but I couldn't even remember it well enough. 

I got to a temporary base that had been set up and saw Y/N getting on a bullhead. I asked what was happening, and he said that they were going to the front, and I could join in if I wanted. I noticed his eyes looked dark, and he looked like he came out of a warzone (which I guess he had).

Ruby: "Are you ok? You look like you haven't slept since I left."

Y/N: "I stayed to help."

Ruby: "Why? They had it under control."

Y/N: "Because I could still fight and I figured they would benefit from having someone from Vale around just to tell them where the more important choke points were."

Ruby: "So you haven't had a break since all this started?"

Y/N: "I haven't. I don't need to right now."

Ruby: "Fine."

Y/N: "How is your team doing?"

Ruby: "Wiess had to go, and Blake and Yang are still recovering. Blake said she would probably go home after she could move again. Yang seemed... Not herself. She wasn't acting crazy at all. She was almost reminding me of you."

Y/N: "What happened to her?"

Ruby: "Her arm got cut off by some White Fang guy. When I saw it, I don't know what happened, but I saw him run away and he looked like he was burned or something." Y/N looked like he was going to say something, but stopped himself. I noticed Ozpin's cane still on his belt. "What are you going to do with that?"

Y/N: "Keep it until we figure out what to do with it."

Ruby: "I'm so sorry about him. If you need anything, I'm here."

Y/N: "For now we need to focus on cleaning up this mess."

Ruby: "Sure. I came back to help." We were out there for a few hours just killing whatever Grimm we came across. We went back, rested, and kept going. I decided to stay a few days. I didn't want Y/N to get in trouble because no one was watching his back. Each day it was the same thing.