Dark Mirror Ch 1: Fracture

Y/N's Pov

We had done it. Salem was dead, and the gods had returned. It was all over, or so I thought. For a few minutes, I was thinking about what my life would be like now that we had won.

Unfortunately, we had solved one problem by creating one much worse. 

The gods saw we were not what they had hoped for, and decided we were not worthy of them keeping us alive in the state we were in. They cast Ozpin into the afterlife, leaving Oscar alone. Then they did something I never could have expected. They began to fight.

The god of light believed that the problems with humans came from our free will and ability to fight amongst ourselves. The god of darkness wanted to destroy us, thinking we would never be worthy of existence. To him, we were a failed experiment, and wasting any more time on us would only be counterproductive. 

Neither were willing to budge on this. Everyone else was horrified, but I saw an opportunity. They were as close to equal as possible, so if they were to fight each other they might leave themselves open for us to hit back and force them away. 

I was going to try to communicate this to Ruby or Oscar, but then the god of light reached out and created a massive blast of light. When it subsided, everyone had lost their will. I had teleported to the other side of them as soon as I saw his hand going up. Everyone turned and proclaimed their total loyalty to the god of light. 

In that moment, I had to make the hardest choice of my entire life. 

Would I join my friends and girlfriend in the promise of a perfect world with no pain, no conflict, and no danger, or would I join the god of darkness, who now was in charge of the Grimm and would be dead-set on our destruction.

Everyone else began turning to the god of darkness. He and his brother were perfect equals, so the god of light having a large group of powerful humans would surely mean he would win. I realized they had not noticed me slipping away. I didn't know what to do.

I had been fighting to save the world from Salem, but she was gone. Ozpin was with her as well. That left it to me to decide. I saw in that moment that they were both wrong. Obviously the god of darkness was wrong to want to destroy us, but life under the god of light would be completely meaningless. I knew from my life that without pain, happiness meant nothing. 

I couldn't honestly be on either side, but I saw that I could even the odds so they would both be weak, hopefully opening an opportunity to stop both of them. 

Everyone else attacked the god of darkness, almost killing him then and there. He was on his knees, and his brother was about to finish him.

In that moment, I made my decision.

I teleported between them and punched the god of light away. Yang's gauntlet had been shattered in a previous battle, but I could still deliver a powerful blow with my fist.

God of Light: "This is your chance to achieve everything you have fought for, boy. Do not throw this awa-"

Y/N: "You can shut your nonexistent mouth." I stood by his brother and drew my sword. That was it. My last chance. From now on, I was an enemy of everyone I had ever cared about.

God of Darkness: "Impressive, human. Perhaps one of your kind is worthy of living."

Y/N: "I don't care about that. I fought for a world free of Salem, not a dictatorship." I was partially lying. What I cared about was just getting rid of both of them.

Yang: "Don't do this!" I turned to the god of darkness.

Y/N: "What do we do?"

God of Darkness: "I must rebuild my strength. You must delay these humans as long as possible. As soon as I can, I will open a portal to safety for you."