Ch 18: Return

No Pov

Y/N and Yang enjoyed a few more days together. Eventually they came back, only to find that Beacon was mostly cleaned up. They went back to the house and Yang convinced Y/N to stay with her over the summer. A little while later Blake and Wiess came back to see if there was anything to do, so team RWBY was finally reunited. Yang had her fun embarrassing Y/N to the rest of the team.

Oscar had just arrived. He was looking around a dust shop. The voice had told him to look here. He saw a boy with a sword and a handle of something on his belt. The voice told him this the person. 

Oscar: "Excuse me, sir?" The boy turned around. He looked only a few years older than Oscar, somewhere around 16 to 17. He was at the counter like he was waiting for something.

Y/N: "What do you want?"

Oscar: "Someone named Ozpin wants his cane back?" He handed it to Oscar.

Y/N: "I wondered when you would show up."

Ozpin: 'Tell him I'm thankful for his keeping it.'

Oscar: "He says thanks for keeping it safe."

Y/N: "How much has he told you?"

Oscar: "Not much. I still don't know why I'm here."

Y/N: "*Sigh* Ozpin, tell him already." Suddenly Oscar felt the voice tell him everything. He almost fainted from the shock. Y/N pointed him to Beacon where Glynda and Amber where. He got what he needed from the store and went back.

Timeskip

Y/N's Pov

And there he is. I knew Ozpin would be back at some point. Glynda would know what to do. It was somewhat of a problem that he came back in a kid, though. We needed a good cover story. That shouldn't be too hard. I headed back to Yang's place since she and her father were supposed to be helping at Beacon right now. 

I was still in shock from her finally confessing, though. I was more worried than ever that she would compromise my focus on what we had to do. But I couldn't deny that I was happier now. That was what scared me. 

Before, I could stare death in the face without any fear because I didn't have anything to look forward to. Now with Yang being so close and getting to know the rest of her team I wasn't so confident. 

I got to her house and walked in. I shut the door and sat on the couch. Zwei was still there and climbed onto me. I never particularly liked him since I was part cat, but I wasn't as afraid of him as Blake was. He sat in my lap and looked up at me. 

Suddenly I heard footsteps above me. I put Zwei down and got up, finding Ruby upstairs.

Ruby: "Oh hey! I was wondering where you were."

Y/N: "I was just running to put in an order of dust. I finally ran out."

Ruby: "Oh. I thought you just decided to go with Yang."

Y/N: "No. I need a break from her."

Ruby: "Is she that tiring?"

Y/N: "For me, yes. She sleeps with me in a death grip." She laughed.

Ruby: "Really? I noticed she doesn't seem to have nightmares anymore. I guess you were actually the right person to help with her problems."

Y/N: "I didn't do anything. She just pounced me and asked me out."

Ruby: "I'm surprised it took you so long. I could tell you liked each other as long as I can remember." I rolled my eyes.

Y/N: "Only because she wouldn't leave me alone."