Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out

Y/N's Pov

We both sat down. She had given me a good fight, but I still had much more experience than her. I was still having trouble believing that anything happened to her. She was acting as weird as ever. 

Yang: "*Pants* I thought you were supposed to be on break."

Y/N: "It wasn't my idea. Well, I have to go." 

Yang: "Aw. Too scared to keep going? Afraid I'll beat you?"

Y/N: "No, I'm not. I just want to get back where I can do some good." I got up to leave only for her to pin me against the wall outside the house. "Y-Yang..."

Yang: "I still think you're cute, you know." I felt my heart beating. This was what I was afraid of. I couldn't hold it in. I just stuttered a bit. She giggled and put her finger on my lips. "It's ok. You don't need to say anything. I was going to do this the day the attack ended up happening."

Y/N: "I-I told you you can't be seen with me."

Yang: "I don't care. I can handle myself. I won't make the same mistake I did at Beacon."

Y/N: "Yang..." I was grasping at anything to get out of this, but I couldn't think as fast as normal. Probably because she was only a few inches from my face. That and I had wanted her to do this for years. She leaned closer, testing the waters. I couldn't bring myself to move away. I knew what she was doing, and I knew I had just lost my chance to get out of it. I wanted it too much. She leaned further and kissed me. I couldn't help myself and kissed back. I didn't know how long it was until we separated. "Yang-"

Yang: "Can you please stay a while? I wouldn't want to waste a moment like this..." I was still a stuttering mess. I felt like a blushing kid again. "Just tell me if I overstep." She slipped her gauntlet that I had left on the deck onto my hand.

Y/N: "Wait, wha- Nya!" She tugged on one of my cat ears a bit. "Wait, what do you want me to do with it?"

Yang: "You keep it. It looks kinda cute on you." I blushed more. "Why don't we go out sometime? Make it official."

Y/N: "Wait. There's something you should know." I sat down. I barely regained my composure. "At Beacon, when I was defending the tower, I came across that White Fang guy who beat me up at the docks. I got him to retreat, but before he did, he told me who he was. It was Adam's father. And mine."

Yang: "What? What do you mean?"

Y/N: "Turns out I'm not just a random orphan. I'm Adam Taurus's brother. They lost me in Vale when I was little. I was 2, and apparently our dad wanted to start us early. I already had my semblance before I could talk." I tried to stop my voice from shaking. I knew she could tell. I had been trying to put that revelation out of my mind over the last few months.

Yang: "Oh Y/N..."

Y/N: "I understand if you don't want to be anywhere near me after hearing that."

Yang: "No, no, it's ok. You're nothing like them." She hugged me tight. I leaned against her. I wasn't going to fight what I wanted anymore. I couldn't. I had been holding it all in far too long. I wondered if maybe I could have something for myself, something else to care about other than our fight against Salem. "So... Why don't we go get your jacket fixed up?" She pointed to the massive number of holes and tears all over it. 

Y/N: "Um... I still have to get back."

Yang: "There are plenty of people helping there already. Then we can go back together." She grabbed my hand and led me to the shed. I saw her motorcycle inside. "Get on. I'll tell Dad we're heading out." She sent a text from her scroll. "Hold onto me." I tried to put my hands as far away from anything suggestive as I could.