Dark Mirror Ch 3: The Enemy of My Enemy

No Pov

Cinder noticed most of the Atlas military had left. She'd heard they were going to defend Beacon. By being in an isolated cell specifically designed for her, she had been spared from the god of light's control. 

With the reduced number of guards, she had more intervals where she was not directly observed by at least one of them. This gave her a chance to use her semblance to slowly damage the laser emitters surrounding her.

Eventually she got out. The Winter Maiden was housed in Atlas, so she snuck to where she was and assassinated her. She set out to get revenge on the one who put her there.

Y/N's Pov

The Grimm had begun to adapt to their new intelligence. They began to name each other and developed unique personalities. Not all of them wanted to fight with me, but almost all would be willing to when the humans would inevitably attack. I had a few of the best as second and third in command.

I was reviewing all the information the scout insects Salem had sent out were sending back to me. The humans seemed to be recovering from my victory at Beacon. I also had a small amount of electronics on hand, so I could look at their news. It wasn't accurate, but it told me a lot about the general sentiment about me.

I heard one of my best lieutenants, a large 3-headed wolf named Cerberus. It had actually grown the two other heads as it adapted to the higher mind it had been gifted with. Many Grimm underwent something like that, but his was a fairly extreme example. He had been the wolf Grimm I had seen right before expiring after my loss to team RWBY.

Cerberus: "Is there anything for us to do?"

Y/N: "No. For now, we wait for our enemies to make their move. Until then, we build any strength we can." Suddenly I heard Raptor, another of the best of my lieutenants. He was the small Nevermore that dragged my dead body to the god of darkness to be revived. He had been observing Beacon's cleanup.

Raptor: "The humans are stirring. They've mobilized a force, but not for us. It left in the direction of Atlas."

Y/N: "What? Why?"

Raptor: "No idea." I sent a signal from one of Salem's old seers to the scout bugs. A few hours later, I received a response. I called them back.

Y/N: "It's someone I dealt with before."

Raptor: "They're getting someone you knew?"

Y/N: "Someone I defeated. The important thing is they kept her so contained that the god of light didn't get her. So if she will listen to reason, maybe we can at least be allies. It sounds like she also just gained incredible power. I'm going to find her."

Raptor: "I'm coming."

Cerberus: "I will as well."

Y/N: "Ok then. Remember, we don't know if we can trust her."

Cerberus: "Do we not have common enemies?"

Y/N: "We do, but I am the reason she was in that cell. Her hatred for me might be greater than her ability to think about what is actually in her best interest. So be ready." With that, we left to track her down.

Yang's Pov

We were going to Atlas. Cinder wouldn't leave that soon, since Amber was in Mantle at the time. We knew she was power-hungry, and she had killed the Winter Maiden.

We arrived quickly and got to searching. There wasn't anyone who had seen her, but we knew nobody had been told to look for her. Amber was ok for now, but we knew she was going to be a target.