Ch 24: Summer Vacation

Yang's Pov

I got up and went to the bathroom. When I came back I saw Y/N curled into a ball and reaching around the bed.

Yang: "Aw. Miss me?" He didn't wake up, but he let out a small mewl that sounded more like a kitten. I got back into bed and he immediately wrapped himself around me. I managed to get on top of him and I noticed he was smiling. 

I couldn't remember the last time I'd seen that from him. Even when he was flustered, he never had a look like that on his face. But now I could see his real feelings coming out. I wondered if one day I would see that when he was awake.

Y/N's Pov

I woke up and Yang was already awake. She was just staring into my eyes.

Yang: "Hey Kitty." She was pressed against me and had angled her body so I would have a direct view of all the eye-catching skin right below her neck.

Y/N: "How long were you awake?"

Yang: "Not long. Did you know you start reaching around for me when I'm gone?" She had the cheeky smile that melted my heart every time.

Y/N: "What?"

Yang: "I went to the bathroom and when I came back you were curled into a ball and groping around the whole bed trying to find me." She giggled a little. There wasn't any point in trying to contain my blush.

Y/N: "Sorry."

Yang: "No. It's cute. We've been together long enough that we just expect the other to be there."

Y/N: "You just think everything's cute."

Yang: "I think most of what you do is cute. Like how right now you're fighting the urge to look down." I could tell she was trying to coax me into looking, but I wasn't going to fall for that.

Y/N: "Because I'm not a perv like you."

Yang: "I hope it's ok to be a perv on your partner. I mean, that coat really doesn't do you any favors. But when it's off, I've noticed you do have a pretty nice body." She moved her hands from my back to further down to my butt. I blushed harder.

Y/N: "Can we do this later?"

Yang: "Nothing's happening right now. You can't escape."

Y/N: "Ok, can you not get... Like that?" I gestured to her hands. I still wanted to wait a while before getting that close. She pouted.

Yang: "You're no fun." She was obviously joking. 

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom and came back out but then when I was getting clothes she dragged me back to the bed and started petting me.

Yang: "I'm not done yet Pretty Kitty." I had been with her long enough to know we would be here a while.

Timeskip

She dragged me out on a date that day. I wasn't that focused, though. I was worried. Salem had the lamp, and she hadn't done anything since. What was she planning? What questions had she asked it? Did she even know how to use it? I guess Yang could tell. At the moment, we were eating lunch.

Yang: "Something on your mind?"

Y/N: "I just feel like our enemies are planning something. The winter and spring came and went and nothing happened."

Yang: "Isn't that good?"

Y/N: "No. Just before Beacon was the same way. Nothing. Calm before the storm. They're probably building their strength right now."

Yang: "I really wish you would tell us the full story on who these people are." She didn't know what she was really asking.

Y/N: "I know. You have all done enough. I was going to ask Ozpin about that the next chance I get. After that we need to start hunting this scorpion who Raven was with." She looked at her arm.

Yang: "Are we going to get Adam at some point?"

Y/N: "I think our paths will cross again. I heard he just staged a coup in the White Fang. Installed himself and started preaching supremacy instead of equality."

Yang: "So we'll get another shot at him." She clenched her fists. I looked down. My own family was against the people I cared about. She seemed to realize what I was thinking. "Oh. Sorry. It's easy to forget that's your brother."

Y/N: "It's ok. I can't see them as my family now. Not after what they did at Beacon. Or to you."

Yang: "Is this what you meant? About how once you're in this fight you can't have a normal life? I mean, I just found out my own mom abandoned me and stole mythical powers and then helped the Grimm with them. Is this why you wanted to keep me out of this?"

Y/N: "Part of it, yes."

Yang: "Do you know what happened to Summer Rose then?" I tensed up.

Y/N: "We don't know her exact fate, but we know she's dead, or worse."

Yang: "What do you mean, worse?"

Y/N: "She had a... Special gift that isn't very common. Our enemies hate people with that in particular. I don't want to know what they could be doing to her if she's alive."

Yang: "Did you... Know her?"

Y/N: "I met her right before her last mission. She was outraged that Ozpin was bringing such a young kid into the fight."

Yang: "Oh, I can only imagine how tiny you reacted."

Y/N: "She told me not to waste my life and then left after that. Ozpin tried to stop her, but she was as stubborn as I am now."

Yang: "So that's why you seemed to know too much about her when I was still sad about it. I still can't believe you kept secrets like that before you even hit double digits."

Y/N: "I wish I didn't have to, but it comes with how things are for me. I had to be an adult even if I wasn't one."

Yang: "Yeah, I remember when Qrow would drag you to our house for 'play dates'. When we wanted to play anything vaguely pretend, you just teleported away while I wasn't looking. I remember one time, Ruby asked: 'Why is Y/N an adult already? That sounds so boring!'" She laughed.

Y/N: "I would give anything for my life to be boring."

Yang: "I know. I always thought you were just always sad or something. I guess I wasn't too far off." There was just an awkward silence. "Well, enough moping." She kissed me on the cheek. "Let's have some fun and forget about all that for a while."

No Pov

Torchwick and Neo had just broken out. They had managed to get the door unlocked by pickpocketing the key from a guard. They ran to one of their hideouts immediately.

Torchwick: "So, why don't we get back in business? I bet our clients at the White Fang have something for us. But first, let's get those blasted kids." Neo nodded enthusiastically. They had been waiting a large fraction of a year for this. It was time for revenge. But first they would have to wait for the right moment.

Adam paced the halls of his new office/throne room. He wasn't sure how to proceed. He had control of the White Fang now, but he needed to hold its support and also avoid getting flagged as terrorists. His father had told him that patience was the best way, but he was getting impatient. His idiot of a brother had thrown in with the humans, and from the looks of it, was was working directly for the biggest treat to the White Fang's goals.

Watts had broken into the prison's computers, but he needed to lay low for now. He could open the cells, but he needed to wait for the right moment. If he wasn't patient, Cinder would just be caught again and they would to a system check and find his tampering, and then lock him back out again. Once the others arrived and got ready, they would get to work.