Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal

No Pov

Salem was furious. Her plan to make an example of Beacon had completely backfired. Instead of dividing the world, the attack united it. They all banded together to help. Even worse, the communications tower was still working perfectly. She shattered all the windows in the council room with a scream. 

The only victory was that Ozpin was now dead, but that wouldn't be the case long. The Fall maiden was lost on top of all of that. This could set her back hundreds of years, and all thanks to Cinder's incompetence. She should never have trusted her to play her role.

Ruby's Pov

I got a text from Yang. It was a picture of her with her new arm wrapped around Y/N. He was blushing like he always did. 'Mind if I borrow him for a few days?' read the caption. I noticed his jacket had some yellow stitches where the holes were. Finally, I had been waiting for one of them to confess for years.

Ruby: 'Go ahead. I'm fine here. Things are dying down. They said we will probably be back in class next year. Also you two look cute.'

Yang: 'Yay! Also, I'm coming back with him. I'm done being so down all the time.' Apparently she was mostly normal. I looked at the picture again. I noticed Yang's right gauntlet on Y/N's hand. Aw, that was kinda cute.

Yang's Pov

I put down my scroll. Y/N sat there still blushing with his arms crossed.

Yang: "Aw. Was that embarrassing?"

Y/N: "How are you so comfortable with this?"

Yang: "Get used to it. I like showing off." He blushed more. "You know what you are? A tsundere."

Y/N: "A what?"

Yang: "Someone who acts cold but is actually really sweet."

Y/N: "I am not sweet."

Yang: "Yes you are. And cute, and handsome, and adorable." Now he was really blushing.

Y/N: "I am not cute! ...Nya!" I petted his ears again.

Yang: "I'm surprised no one snatched you up already." I climbed into his lap.

Y/N: "If anyone else did this to me, they would be in the hospital."

Yang: "I know. It's so cute how you're so strong, and stoic, and tough, and then I would give you a flirty look and you become a stuttering mess." He looked away trying to hide his face. "Oh come on. You know you love it..." I petted his ears again. He started purring. I wondered what it felt like. He looked so happy. I almost never got to see him smile like this. Or at all. He always had this serious look. It was cute seeing him smile. I kissed him on the cheek. "So adorable." I stopped petting him for a second. "Pretty Kitty."

Y/N: "You are not calling me that."

Yang: "Aw. Do you like it?"

Y/N: "N-no!" He was clearly lying.

Yang: "Oh. You don't. You love it." I smiled at him.

Y/N: "I-I'm not your 'Pretty Kitty'."

Yang: "Yes you are." I kissed him. Eventually we pulled apart. "Come on. Let's go train again. I wanna get used to fighting again. And you..." I grabbed his arm with my gauntlet. "Can get used to this. I know you punch things already, so this shouldn't be that hard to use."

Y/N: "How does it work?" I showed him how to collapse and deploy it, and how to fire it.

Yang: "You know, I've realized that you're gonna be walking around with my favorite color all over you but I don't have yours. Why don't we go back to that store and get me a cute new outfit? I'll let you choose..."