Ch 25: Power

No Pov

All the pieces were in place. Watts inputted the command and deactivated the power to shut down all the cells at once. Emerald and Mercury would pick up Cinder and Hazel would just generally cause as much chaos as possible.

Qrow was just sitting around drinking from his flask when the alarms went off.

Qrow: "Oh, finally. Some action." He drunkenly got up and pulled out his scythe. He didn't go to the prison, since if he did Cinder would already be out before he got there. But based on what Y/N had told him, he could guess where she would go. 

He ran to where the Winter Maiden was being housed and told them to lock the place down. He then called Ozpin and told him of the situation

Ozpin: "I see. Y/N can get there in a matter of hours. Ironwood's aceops can deal with the other prisoners." He called Y/N who was out on a walk alone and he immediately began teleporting in the direction of Atlas as fast as possible. 

Ozpin told Yang not to worry, but she insisted that she go there too. Ruby decided that she and Blake would stay at Vale and hunt Torchwick, while Yang and Wiess would go to Atlas to help.

Y/N's Pov

I arrived in Atlas and headed to the Winter Maiden's hospital. I found Qrow and Winter arguing as usual. I broke it up and asked if anything had happened.

Winter: "No, nothing's happened. That's why we should be out there helping instead of in here."

Qrow: "You don't know why we need to keep her away from here."

Y/N: "Ok, I'm here now. Winter, come with me and we can help deal with this. If something happens, I can get back here in seconds." 

Cinder didn't seem to have the chance to make a move until the next day, so we just put as many prisoners back in their cells while Pietro worked on finding the bug that allowed this. With some help from Penny and the Aceops, we had most down the first day.

No Pov

Cinder had escaped in the chaos and found Emerald and Mercury. They planned to get the Winter Maiden powers and get the relic, toppling Atlas and getting back in Salem's good graces. 

But first, Cinder wanted revenge on Y/N for robbing her of this chance before. She would get the powers and kill him painfully. They bided their time to lure their enemies into a false sense of security. Over the next few days Yang and Wiess flew to Atlas.

Y/N's Pov

Yang and Wiess had arrived on site and together we waited for the inevitable attack. The Aceops were still dealing with the escapees, so they couldn't help. Hazel got inside with the help of Emerald. He drew away as many people as possible, but Qrow knew this was a distraction and took Yang with him to deal with Hazel. Then Emerald and Mercury showed up. I told Wiess to stay there and watch the Winter Maiden.

I took out Emerald first. Normally I tried to go a little slower, but her semblance made her too much of a threat. I got her into the air and when Mercury tried to get at me I just moved both me and Emerald.

Mercury fell easily. I did the same trick and plowed through his aura in seconds. I noticed his legs were cybernetic, so I cut them off to make him easy to capture.

I heard Wiess fighting in the Maiden's room, and knew what was happening. It was a distraction. I got in there and saw Cinder burn the Maiden alive, taking her power.

Y/N: "This again? After I beat you last time?"

Cinder: "This time is different."

Y/N: "Why do you need power so badly anyway? You clearly can't handle it."