Ch 30: Downtime

Y/N's Pov

Several months passed and nothing happened. Most were enjoying it, but I was growing increasingly restless. My nightmares had stopped, but I couldn't get what I saw out of my head. I guess it was showing because Yang started getting suspicious of me. One night she decided to confront me about it.

Yang: "What's wrong this time?"

Y/N: "Nothing."

Yang: "When has it ever been nothing? You aren't supposed to keep secrets from us anymore." I knew we still were, but I couldn't tell her Salem's true nature. But I could tell her about my nightmares.

Y/N: "When I was in a coma, I saw things. It looked like... I don't know." I told her everything I saw, excluding the part about what the gods. She looked shocked.

Yang: "So... Is this some kind of vision of the future or something?"

Y/N: "We don't know."

Yang: "How were you even that tired after your fight? You healed from your wounds in a week." I remembered I never told her what happens when my aura breaks.

Y/N: "When I take a hit, I can hold on to my semblance for a little while, but I can't control it. Everything I have comes out at once. When I go through that, it leaves me so drained that I stay unconscious for at least a few days. If I go too far, I use up everything I have and die." 

I had developed this ability that from a near-death experience on a job for Ozpin. The emotions I felt led to my power coming back for a short time, allowing me to take out the person that beat me, but then the next thing I knew I woke up in a hospital a month later.

Yang: "Is that what happened to you from the dock fight?"

Y/N: "Yes."

Yang: "I knew Blake was hiding something. She saw it, didn't she?"

Y/N: "She did. I told her to keep it a secret."

Yang: "So... When we beat Salem, you take her place?"

Y/N: "It looks like it will only happen if we defeat her a certain way."

Yang: "So there's still hope then." I wished I still had any of the optimism she had. "Hey, I had some weird dreams too."

Y/N: "Nightmares?"

Yang: "No. I only get them when you're around. I actually had one last night. It's always the same. I'm walking alone through a forest, and I seem to be a little older, and I'm wearing normal clothes. I still have my gauntlet on though. I also can feel a ring on my finger, but in the dream none of it seems weird to me."

Y/N: "Ok, so what?"

Yang: "I get to a house in a clearing. Kinda like my house, but different. I go in, and I see a little blonde girl with cat ears." She paused. She looked like she just realized something.

Y/N: "What?"

Yang: "I don't know. Anyway, she runs up and hugs me and I wake up."

Y/N: "Ok. That sounds a lot better than reliving... That." I held her robotic hand.

Yang: "Yeah. I don't know if there's anything to it or if it's just my wishes for the future coming out."

Y/N: "That's what you think of in your future?" I never could understand how she always thought that everything would be ok.

Yang: "Yeah. What do you think it'll be like?"

Y/N: "I don't know. Before you asked me out I just thought I would be fighting until the end of my life. Now I have no idea where it'll go."