Ch 8: Training for the Festival

No Pov

Hazel arrived at the table. Salem, Tyrian, and Watts all were already there. Salem had called all of them together. Whatever it was, it was big.

Salem: "I'm sure you are all wondering why you are all here. I just finished a conversation with Cinder's two companions. Apparently Cinder was not worthy of the Fall Maiden mantle. She was beaten by a lone student of beacon and captured. This setback will not stop us, however. We will simply delay the attack on Beacon and I will increase the amount of Grimm to be used. Hazel, I want you to go to beacon. You will meet up with Cinder's companions, and when the time comes, you will replace Cinder in the attack. Watts, I want you to find out everything you can about this student who was able to single-handedly defeat a maiden. Tyrian, you are to go in search of the Spring Maiden, given that it is clear we will not be able to procure fall."

Hazel: "They will have the Fall Maiden back. We will need more support."

Salem: "That is why I am going to finalize some of my experiments. I have successfully created several new types of Grimm that will be useful, but they must be perfected. Now all of you go, get to work."

Y/N's Pov

I was in Ozpin's office, and we had just finished a call with the only people with any authority over him. I didn't know any of them, but I knew it was some group of government officials that oversaw the huntsmen schools and other things like that. I hadn't shown that I was there, but I had listened. 

They were thinking of removing Ozpin as headmaster, and Ironwood had officially been assigned to head of security for the festival. I figured they would have accused him of nepotism since I got enrolled here early, but I guess they got the memo that I had proven myself.

Y/N: "Well, if they do get rid of you, we can work around it. Glynda would probably take over in your place."

Ozpin: "I will handle them. You just get some rest. This setback will delay Salem, but she always comes back."

Y/N: "I heard team RWBY and a few others captured Torchwick. He was working with the White Fang, so maybe we can get some information out of him about them."

Ozpin: "Team RWBY has had some encounters with them, so maybe it is time to at least get them to share information."

Y/N: "They're just kids-"

Ozpin: "All but one of them are older than you. They have proven themselves capable and have shown they just want to help."

Y/N: "It's not their character I'm worried about. They aren't ready for something like that."

Ozpin: "Well, we do not seem to have any other leads, for the time being."

Y/N: "*Sigh* Fine. I'll ask them what they know. We'll see if it's anything substantial, then we can decide how much to trust them."

Ozpin: "Once you have done that, I still strongly recommend you take some time to rest-"

Y/N: "We do not have time for that."

Ozpin: "We do, actually. With something this large happening, it will delay both Salem and the White Fang's plans. While they try to recover, you can enjoy some well-deserved time away." I knew he would not stop telling me that until I did, so maybe I will, just to get him off my back.

Y/N: "If anything happens, all bets are off."

Ozpin: "Of course. I have learned to expect nothing less from you at this point." I got up and walked to the door.

Ozpin: "Your selflessness is admirable, but you need to take care of yourself if you are to protect others." I wanted to punch a hole in the wall. I knew it wasn't worth arguing, so I just ignored that and got in the elevator.