Ch 19: Two Birds With One Stone

Y/N's Pov

I followed Raven inside. We sat down.

Raven: "So, I suppose you're here on Ozpin's business?"

Y/N: "We're looking for Qrow. He was after the Spring Maiden but hasn't got in contact. If I had to guess, he's probably drunk somewhere."

Raven: "And you're hoping I'll help you with either of those?"

Y/N: "I just need to know if you've seen anything. You have eyes in a few places."

Raven: "Well, I do know that Beacon was attacked and Ozpin was killed. I assume he's back now?"

Y/N: "That isn't your business."

Raven: "What about her? How much have you told her?"

Y/N: "Not much. For her safety and ours."

Raven: "I see she hasn't changed much."

Y/N: "You would know if you didn't abandon her."

Raven: "I did what I had to. One day you'll see."

Y/N: "So what do you know?"

Raven: "I don't know anything about the maiden, or Qrow."

Y/N: "Really? You lead one of the largest groups in this area, which is her last known location. Surely you've seen something."

Raven: "No, I haven't. And besides, what reason do I have to help you?"

Y/N: "You wouldn't even do it for her?" She looked surprised at first but held her expression. "Guess not. Well, that isn't that surprising. You did abandon her. I'm not surprised you don't care."

Raven: "You watch your tone, young man."

Y/N: "Or what? You think I'm afraid of the deadbeat who ran?" I felt a faint wind. That was odd, we were inside. Suddenly one of her people ran inside.

Vernal: "Boss! Grimm attack!"

Raven: "Were you followed?"

Y/N: "They wouldn't have taken much interest in 2 people. You probably just got unlucky. How about this, we help you fend them off, and you take us to Qrow with your semblance when we're done."

Raven: "I don't need your help."

Y/N: "But with both of us, we will deal with it faster. That means fewer casualties for you." She stopped to think.

Raven: "Fine then. Don't get in my way."

Y/N: "You better not get in mine." 

We ran outside and found a large number of Grimm tearing the place up. I immediately jumped into action. I saw Yang already doing the same. I also noticed that around Raven there was the same out-of-place wind, and that the Grimm targeted her over anyone else. Interesting. Eventually they were all gone, and Raven brought Yang and I back into her tent.

Raven: "Well, you two helped more than I thought. As promised, I can get you to Qrow. After that, you're on your own."

Yang: "Thanks mom. Oh by the way, do we have your blessing?" She was smiling again. Raven and I looked at each other, and I shrugged my shoulders to tell her I didn't know what she was talking about.

Raven: "For what?"

Yang: "Us two." She grabbed my hand. "You approve?" She laughed a little.

Raven: "Is this really the thing that concerns you?"

Y/N: "She's always like this." Yang let go of me and brought her bike through the portal.

Raven: "If you put my people in danger by leading Salem here..."