Author's Note

Thanks for reading this thing I made out of boredom. There's some stuff I thought some people might want to hear, so I'm writing this months after finishing it.

The first thing I thought some people might be interested to see. As it is probably obvious, there was some kind of radical shift of direction somewhere around the middle. This is because the original plan was for the bad timeline in chapter 40 was the original ending I planned for. It was only around the middle that I realized most people aren't here for something that dark and plot-heavy (and honestly I wasn't either), but I still liked the idea enough that I didn't want to completely scrap it. That led to what I ended up on, but I still feel that what I ended up with was only a fraction of what I had in mind in terms of story. This leads me to this note.

Basically, I'm asking "Does anyone care about all that, and if I were to write a couple more chapters of that timeline would anyone read it?" Feel free to comment your thoughts.

Another thing I wanted to at least put out there was a piece of advice I learned doing this, and I wanted to put it out there for anyone thinking of writing literally anything that they would publish in segments.

Essentially what I did throughout the entire process of writing this was whenever I published a new chapter, I had complete drafts of at least the next two chapters. This allowed me to have a good idea of exactly where things were going in the immediate future (and also led to me catching several contradictions before publishing it). I can absolutely recommend this for any segmented work.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Thanks again for your time and comments. I didn't think this would blow up like it did.