Ch 14.75: Cleanup 3

Y/N's Pov

I arrived where we had seen this new Grimm in almost no time. It was a massive humanoid one with one of it's eyes clearly replaced with a seer. I also could see claws and wings. This would be interesting. I snuck up behind it and sliced through its leg. What I wasn't ready for was the leg healing instantly. It didn't even sever. 

I had to pull back. Whatever this thing was, it regenerated quickly. It roared, and a Nevermore came down to help it. I killed it quickly, but before it disintegrated this new one tore into it and ate it whole. That must be how it was able to regenerate.

I jumped back into action and began going for the head. Salem was probably directly controlling this one, or at the very least she had made it smart enough to follow orders, like the one on the beach.

I was pushed back and decided to switch up my strategy. I selected fire dust and began swinging through it's torso and head, hoping to do enough damage that it wouldn't regenerate fast enough. Fire seemed more effective because it burned its flesh after I swung through it, slowing down its healing.

I combined that with repeated strikes on its limbs and body, and managed to cut off one set of claws. It got angry and got on all fours, then charged at me at full speed.

Y/N: "Wrong move." It didn't defend its front at all, so I dashed into its face and drilled through. I tore it apart too fast for it to heal this time. It died and turned to ash. I shattered the seer. A puff of smoke came out and took the form of Salem.

Salem: "So... You are the one who took that fool's cane."

Y/N: "Surprised?"

Salem: "You may have repelled the attack on Beacon, but you have not won the war."

Y/N: "I don't care. You've never impressed me that much with your creations. You only ever succeed because you have strength in numbers."

Salem: "One day, you will join Ozpin's other fools."

Y/N: "Sure I will." I blew the cloud away.

No Pov

Salem leaned back. That was strange. This boy had not been afraid at all either time he had seen her. He had also apparently known who she was, meaning Ozpin trusted him tremendously. He was the brother of Adam, so it made some sense that he was as skilled and powerful as he was. What surprised her was that he did not seem to have left with most of the students of Beacon. He was even trusted by Ozpin's other allies to carry the cane until Ozpin returned. She could see how someone like this had been able to defeat Cinder.

In any case, that experiment had also been a failure. It was far too weak to fire. She was getting close to finding how to create the ideal shell for her attempts to harness silver-eyed warriors.

Y/N's Pov

I got back without incident. When I arrived, I went to Ironwood to find if there was anything else I could do. Glynda was with him.

Y/N: "What next?"

Goodwitch: "You should not have got alone. That was more than what you are used to."

Y/N: "I was fine. There's not a scratch on me." Well, there were a few, but not from combat.

Goodwitch: "And have you taken a break this entire time?"

Y/N: "What do you think?"

Ironwood: "She is right. You should at least consider slowing down."

Y/N: "No way." Ironwood sighed.

Ironwood: "Very well. You have not showed any loss in performance yet, so I suppose if you want to help I should still allow it." Glynda stormed out. I guess they had been arguing about something before I came in. That, or Ironwood tried to flirt with her again.