Ch 10: End of the Tournament

Yang's Pov

My team cheered as we saw Pyrrha and Penny in their one-v-one. Penny put up a good fight, but Pyrrha's semblance was too much for her. We looked at the brackets, and saw that I was up next. Someone we didn't know from another school. 

I kicked his butt, and was put in the next round. A few more matches, and eventually the final round came. It was me vs Pyrrha. Whichever one came out on top would win the tournament. We started, and she waited for me to come at her. I had learned from our spar with Y/N that sometimes playing passive was better, so I stood there. 

Eventually she threw her shield and charged. I dodged the shield, but she got me with her spear. I tried to punch her, but my fists just barely missed until I got a few hits in and pushed her back. We fired at each other for a bit, until I decided to go on the offensive. I fired my gauntlets backwards, sending myself flying towards her. 

She blocked me with her shield, but I took the opportunity to grab it and flip her. She hit the ground with a thud, and immediately got up and retaliated. We exchanged blows for a while, until we were both low. I noticed a piece of my hair hit the ground, and immediately activated my semblance. She tried to defend, but my punches were just too powerful now. She finally went down, and the crowds erupted into cheers. I got out of the stadium, and greeted my team.

Ruby: "That was awesome sis!"

Wiess: "Looks like you were the right choice after all."

Blake: "That was an impressive display out there." We talked for a little while longer, until we decided to go back to the dorm. On the way, I saw Y/N sitting alone told my team I would catch up.

Yang: "So how was that?" He looked up, visibly startled.

Y/N: "Uhh... You did good out there?" I noticed his cat ears perking up. He was blushing ear to ear.

Yang: "Aww. Was it really that impressive?"

Y/N: "Yeah, fine. You fought well." Oh, I got it. He liked watching me fight.

Yang: "I used some stuff I picked up from you. I'm glad we did that little training session with my team. Buuuut..." I put my hand on his leg. "Maybe we should do some with... Just to two of us."

Y/N: "Uhhh... I don't know-"

Yang: "Why not? What are you doing that keeps you so busy?"

Y/N: "Homework. I know that's a foreign concept to you."

Yang: "Every other student finds time for their own stuff. Why can't you? Is Ozpin giving you that much to do?" He looked surprised and I knew I hit the nail on the head.

Y/N: "Well... Yes he has. He actually wanted me to ask your team if you knew anything about Torchwick's alliance with the White Fang, but I never got the chance."

Yang: "We only know they did. So does that mean you finally admit that you aren't just a student and I was right?"

Y/N: "What was I supposed to say when you were first pestering me about that?"

Yang: "I don't know, I thought you trusted me more than that."

Y/N: "If you or anyone else on your team tells anyone..."

Yang: "I know, I know. Back to what I was asking. How do you feel about some... Fun stuff with just the two of us?" He blushed again.

Y/N: "You know I can't do that. I've done enough that I'm a target now. You being seen with me would put you in danger."

Yang: "I thought I just showed I can handle myself."

Y/N: "You don't know what kind of people I deal with. You wouldn't even believe me if I told you."