Ch 11: Field Trip

No Pov

Salem walked the halls of her domain. Watts was the only one there at time. He had informed her everything he had found, and she wanted to test this son of Ozpin. She knew he had occasionally raised families when his body already had one, but this was different. His current body was unmarried and had no family, and yet he had adopted this child. 

But then Watts showed her a picture of him, and she instantly realized why he was so important. She wanted to get a firm idea of his power, and she had heard that the schools were planning a childish field trip to a beach. She created a leviathan, but once it was ready, she had one of her glass orbs that she used for communication burrow inside it and replace its eye. That way she could see everything it saw. 

She knew this boy would likely have his weapons, since he decided to forgo the school dance to take out Cinder. She showed the picture to the leviathan, and ordered it to attack him specifically. With the communication device lodged in its head, it understood and left.

Timeskip

Yang's Pov

We were getting on the airships to head to the place. Ruby had a backpack with all our stuff in it. I saw that Y/N was wearing his combat jacket and not carrying any swimming gear, meaning he was expecting to need to do something again. I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't get to see him without a shirt on or, really, in anything that showed his body more, but I would still have fun. 

I noticed him sitting alone, until a group of girls walked up and started flirting with him. He just got up and left, and they apparently got the message. We arrived, and we all started having our fun.

No Pov

The students were all doing their own thing, until one of the airships spotted the leviathan heading towards the beach. Immediately, several other Grimm sprouting out of the ground. Fortunately, the group of teachers and some Atlas robots dealt with them before anyone was hurt. 

Quickly, the students were evacuated off the beach by most of the teachers, leaving only Y/N and Qrow to deal with the ones on the sand. The students who had their weapons joined in quickly, but enough Grimm were coming that it wasn't safe to return to the beach. 

Eventually the leviathan got to the beach, but it ignored everyone except Y/N. Qrow focused on the remaining smaller Grimm. 

The leviathan took a swing at Y/N, but missed. It kept trying, and he sent several dust waves at its face. After a few more failed swings, it noticed him standing in it's palm, and tried to trap him by closing both hands around him. 

The next thing it knew, he was standing on top of its hands with his arms crossed and a look of disappointment and boredom on his face. Before it could react, he teleported next to it and drilled a hole clean through its head with his semblance, shooting out the other side. 

It thrashed a bit, and then fell forward onto the beach, disintegrating into ash. Qrow finished up any remaining Grimm on the beach, and noticed Y/N standing over something. Qrow ran over and saw it was one of Salem's devices. He heard her voice come through it.

Salem: "You have merely delayed the inevitable-" Y/N shattered the orb. It dissolved into ash, and a vision of Salem flew out of it, and hovered over them. "I am impressed, son of Michael."

Y/N: "Son of who?"

Salem: "You both fight a losing war. It is only a matter of time."

Qrow: "Well then, at least we'll die with more dignity than you." He shot at the apparition, and it disappeared.