Ch 29: Back to Class

No Pov

Y/N was in a coma for 2 weeks this time. He had used up so much energy that at the end his body was only barely clinging to life. Jaune had discovered his semblance during a sparring match, so he was able to partially speed up Y/N's recovery. Despite this, Y/N's aura was far too weak to heal his injuries faster than a week. Yang visited him in the hospital every night. 

Yang's Pov

I walked in and the doctors told me he could probably hear things around him, but still wasn't able to move.

Yang: "Hey Pretty Kitty. Now you can't protest me calling you that, so you better get used to it." He couldn't react. I held his hand. "Can you feel this?" Nothing. I looked at the heart rate monitor. It looked like it was a little higher. "Oh, so you can hear me." I kissed him on the cheek. The rate spiked. "And you can feel me too. Did you at least have some nice dreams? The nightmares came back for me, but they weren't as bad. Maybe punching that jerk made me fear him less." I sat there holding his hand for a few more minutes. "Well, I gotta go. Love you." As I was getting up, I felt his hand tighten slightly. I kissed him one more time and left. "Get better soon. I miss you."

Timeskip

Y/N's Pov

I was suddenly standing in a large battlefield. I saw what looked like an older version of me with a massive facial scar beating up team RWBY. He somehow created some kind of aura copy of himself and finished them off. There were Grimm all around, but he ignored them for some reason. 

Once team RWBY was out, he turned stood over a faceless purple being with ram horns. He stabbed it. I noticed he wasn't wearing Yang's old gauntlet. He turned around, and the Grimm walked towards him. One massive humanoid one looked like it was about to attack, roaring loudly. 

Then it got on its knees and bowed to my older doppelganger. The others followed suit. 

Then they rose and parted, revealing what looked like a golden version of the being he had just killed, but with deer antlers. 'You're next,' my older self said. Then I heard a voice that was distorted in a way that was uncannily similar to when my aura broke. It said 'Do not let them return.' Before I had any time to think about what I was seeing, everything went black again.

Yang's Pov

I came in the next day and they told me his vitals were starting to normalize, and that he should be awake soon. I asked if he would be ok to fight once he woke up and they said that all his injuries healed in the first week, so once he was back he would go back to normal. 

I went in and visited him again, teasing him some more and seeing his heart rate spike again. This time I felt his fingers twitch and sort of tighten around mine.

Yang: "Class is going well. It's a lot easier when you don't have to do homework." I giggled a little. "Please wake up soon. I love you." I had to leave again. He seemed to be close.

Y/N's Pov

I saw similar visions. My older self was fighting team RWBY and was losing fast. He was nearly killed by them, until a portal opened and he barely had the strength to jump through. He got the scar here, so I guessed this was probably before the first vision. I heard the same voice saying 'You must stop them from coming back, or you will lose everything.' I still didn't know if these dreams meant something.

Yang's Pov

I came in the next day. Y/N was stirring and moving slightly. The doctors told me that at this point he just needed something to jolt his mind awake.

Yang: "Hey Pretty Kitty." I sat down and kissed him on the forehead. He stirred a little. "Come on. They said you just need to wake up on your own now." I shook him a little. "Please, just wake up. I miss you." He moved a little. I started petting him. He was moving more and more, until he eventually started opening his eyes. I hugged him.