Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed

Flashback

Yang's Pov

I had just found out what Ozpin was hiding from us, but then my team froze like Y/N and Ozpin. I saw what looked like the future version of him he described appear in front of me. He had the scar Y/N mentioned.

Yang: "Oh, boy. What are you here for?"

Future Y/N: "I have to warn you. You already know what my past self saw. We bring the gods back, and they defeated Salem and freed Ozpin. But then... Everything went wrong. They judged humanity unworthy of living, but they disagreed on how to punish us. The god of darkness wanted to destroy us, while the god of light thought the only reason we were not worthy was because we fought with each other, so he wanted to take our free will. He did that to your team, but I got away. You all killed me, but the god of darkness brought me back with more power hoping I would help him. He gave me the ability to split my aura from my body, and have it act independently. He then used me as a template to make the Grimm smarter. I managed to trick both gods into weakening each other so I could take out both of them, but afterward you and your team still weren't free. You were still trying to bring about what the god of light wanted. The Grimm saw no one else to lead them but me, because the god of darkness named me his successor when I betrayed him. We fought for a few more years, until you wiped out all the Grimm, leaving me alone. I found a way to use Ozpin's magic to use the lamp to send a message back to the past. That was my only option at that point, so here we are."

Yang: "Why didn't you tell this to your past self?"

Future Y/N: "I needed more than one person to know for sure, and I can only deliver the message once. I couldn't leave anything to chance."

Yang: "Ok. So, since you told us this, doesn't that mean that your future doesn't exist anymore?"

Future Y/N: "I hope so. That's everything I can do. Please don't let them come back."

Yang: "I won't."

Back to Present

Y/N: "I can't believe it."

Yang: "Yeah. If you don't want to tell anyone else, it's ok." I pulled him close. "It's ok. Even after hearing all the things we both do in the future, I still love you. Now, let's get some sleep. Tomorrow we need to figure out how we're doing about getting the other Maidens and Mom."

Y/N: "I'm so sorry for not telling you what happened to her."

Yang: "It's ok. You had to keep it a secret." I kissed him and we got in bed. I started petting him to sleep like I always did. 

I wondered if my dreams about that little girl meant something as well. Those didn't seem to come from the future he was seeing, since it looked like the entire world didn't go crazy. I still thought it was weird that the little girl looked like me but with cat ears. I could only think of one reason for that. 

He was already asleep, with that same soft smile on his face. I rubbed his ears and let myself drift off to sleep.

Timeskip

Y/N's Pov

Ozpin had called me to his room. I had guessed it probably was about our next move.

Ozpin: "We need Raven if we are going to defeat Salem. We also need to train Ruby to use her eyes, and to make sure Miss Belladonna can handle her new power. Weiss can help train her."

Y/N: "Raven left because we didn't have a way to defeat Salem, but now we do. We might be able to convince her to join us."

Ozpin: "You should bring Miss Xiao long with you."