Dark Mirror Ch 2: Doomsday

Y/N's Pov

I collapsed to the ground. My aura had just separated from me and was standing independently in front of me.

Doppelganger: "Look at you."

Y/N: "What? How?"

Doppelganger: "You have failed. You had it all. And here you are now. You have nothing left!" It reached down and grabbed me by the wound in my chest. Compared to before, this pain was nothing, so I barely made a sound. The it picked me up by the wound. "Everyone you care about has cast you aside." It dropped me. "You can't change your failure. It is time for you to move on." 

I felt my now uncontained semblance surge through me. I stood up in one instant motion.

Y/N: "Make me." I took a swing at it and it turned and pushed me away. It hurt, but now my instinct was in control. I recovered instantly and hit back. Both of us erupted in a battle that must have only lasted a few real-time seconds. In the end, I stood victorious.

Doppelganger: "You will never be free if you keep fighting!"

Y/N: "I don't care. I still have a job to do." 

I stabbed it. Now it was its turn to scream in its distorted voice. I ripped my blade out of it and it dissolved back into me. I knew I had just gained something never seen before. 

I stood there for a second, then turned around to see a bright light. I started walking to it. Suddenly some Grimm came at me, and I decided to test my new power. I stabbed my sword into the ground, stunning all of them. 

Then I stepped to the right, while my aura stepped to the left. It felt the same as before, but without the pain. I saw that my own body looked like it was burning with F/C fire and my clothes were glowing the same color. 

I sheathed my sword, and my aura did the same. I was already a force to be reckoned with, but now I could output twice the number of strikes. The Grimm didn't stand a chance.

Once they were out, I stepped into the light. The next thing I saw, I was lying down on a rock surrounded by Grimm. I saw the god of darkness.

God of Darkness: "Good. You are awake."

Y/N: "What happened?"

God of Darkness: "You died. I pulled you out. While you were here, I used you as a reference to make the Grimm more individualistic and intelligent. If we are going to defeat my brother, we need everything at its peak."

Y/N: "So I did actually see all of that?"

God of Darkness: "You were on the line between this life and the afterlife. I pulled you out and gave you all the power you can contain. Your existing abilities no longer have their previous limits, your weapon now runs on magic instead of that mineral, I have given you the power to split part of your soul into a separate entity, and I have made you immortal. You can still be killed, but you will not age. You no longer need food to survive either."

Y/N: "So I don't need to reload my sword anymore?"

God of Darkness: "Yes. You are now the most powerful human to ever live."

Y/N: "What do we do now?"

God of Darkness: "We will attack as soon as possible. My brother has consolidated his forces at the place you call Beacon. While you were gone, he brought all of your species under his control. I have made you immune to his power, but you are the last free human."

Y/N: "How do we stop them?"

God of Darkness: "My brother is perfectly equal to me. I will keep him occupied. You will lead the Grimm on the ground, and once you have an opening, join me against him. With you added in, the two of us together can defeat him."