Ch 31: Ready to Settle the Score

No Pov

Mercury had been interviewed by Ironwood and Qrow with Robin there to verify everything. It all checked out, and they told him that they would decide how much this would reduce his sentence when they saw how much it would actually help them. 

He knew it would get them something good, since he had even told them where Salem stashed the lamp. He didn't know why both sides cared so much about it, but since they did, he could take advantage of it.

Adam and Michael had decided it was time to get Y/N out of the way. He was still family, but they cared more about their battle to put the faunus where they thought they should be than him. They needed to get to Vale unnoticed and knew they couldn't on their own, and they saw a chance to get Salem back on their side for the time being. 

She would jump on the chance to give Vale a scare, and it was even better that one of the biggest threats to her would be out of the way afterwards. She seemed even more open to the idea after she heard that they would be taking out both Y/N and potentially part of team RWBY, who had been some of the most important people in the defense of Beacon.

Oscar was training with Y/N at Beacon. Everyone else was in class. Oscar was improving, but even with Ozpin's cane he couldn't stand up to someone who had been using his sword ever since it was longer than his body.

Y/N's Pov

Oscar sat down panting. I had just taken him down for the fourth time. We weren't going until he had a red aura, but just until I could knock him over.

Oscar: "How am I going to beat Salem's followers if I can't beat you?"

Y/N: "Because you aren't going to go at them with your current skill. The only reason I win so often is because I'm at my peak. I'm as good as I can ever get."

Oscar: "How do I get there?"

Y/N: "You don't have to."

Oscar: "So... How long until we... Merge, or whatever?"

Y/N: "He told you about that?"

Oscar: "I can feel it happening."

Y/N: "I don't know."

Oscar: "Oh. I thought you might. He seems to tell you more than anyone else. You even know more than me."

Y/N: "Enjoy it while it lasts. You still have some time left without seeing how bad it really is."

Oscar: "What, like you? Ozpin told me how you were about a year ago."

Y/N: "You'll be worse. You'll see the full pain Ozpin experienced in all his lives."

Oscar: "What? What do you mean?"

Y/N: "I can't say it. Just make the most of it while you can. I still wish I did." I got a call from Qrow just then.

Qrow: "Hey, you got time?"

Y/N: "What is it?"

Qrow: "I don't want to discuss it over the phone. Y/N, I need you here as soon as possible. You can pass this to Ozpin when you get back."

Y/N: "It'll take the rest of the day. This better be worth it."

Qrow: "Trust me, it is." I hung up.

Oscar: "What is it?"

Y/N: "I don't know. Tell Yang I'll be back this evening." I started teleporting to Atlas. It would take a few hours to get there and back. It sounded big, whatever it was.

Timeskip

I got there without interruption. I headed into Ironwood's office.

Ironwood: "Oh, hello Mr. L/N. I suppose you're here to pass along the information we got?"