Ch 14.25: Cleanup 1

Y/N's Pov

The attack had been repelled, but there were Grimm pouring in from various directions even months later. We'd managed to get rid of all the White Fang forces that had been involved fairly quickly thanks to the help of the other schools. 

Amber had stayed for a few days, but she decided to leave with the others for a while. I heard that team RWBY had all split up after they left, and most of the teachers had gladly accepted the break. That left me the only one who knew beacon all that well to help. 

I didn't blame any of them, but I still was more than capable of helping. Most days, it was just repelling Grimm attacks and clearing the routes they came through. 

I was currently at the landing area for bullheads on Beacon's campus. The Grimm had been staying on top of it for a while, preventing us from landing. 

If we were going to get any substantial amount of people in to start clearing the rest of the campus up, we needed those landing pads. So I was sent in to speed through the lines and clear the area, giving us a foothold on the rest of it.

I arrived fairly quickly, and tore up whatever Grimm I saw. Once it was open, I pulled out my scroll and called Ironwood's Aceops.

Y/N: "You're clear to land. I'll go see if I can clear a path to the tower."

Clover: "Negative, kid. Stay put. We'll go through together." As if that was going to happen. From the air, we had seen a much larger amount of Grimm than I had just dealt with. I needed to find them and get the drop on them. A ship flying down would alert them to our presence. I didn't tell them that because it wouldn't be worth the argument.

Y/N: "Just get here quick." I hung up and teleported along the fastest path to the tower. We had been able to set up a force of huntsmen at the top of it, but they could only be supplied by air. We had decided it would be better to lock it down and pull them out until we could clear more of the area.

I saw several more small Grimm along the path, but I cut them in two before they even noticed me. I was getting worried. I wondered if Salem had managed to get the Grimm to actually behave strategically and hide, which could be a massive blow to us. I then made it to the cafeteria. I looked through the windows.

Y/N: "What?" The inside was covered in ash. It was as if all the Grimm we had seen from the air had all been drawn here and had then been killed by someone.

It definitely wasn't any of us who did.

Just then, I found what had done it. I saw just outside, a beowulf walking along, only to be jumped by another Grimm in the shape of a horse, but it was about the size of an Atlas mech. It looked like it had broken into where students had kept their dust. 

It attacked the beowulf. Probably one of Salem's latest failed experiments. This one seemed to have lost control and started killing everything else it saw.

I knew if it was smart enough to lure its targets into a small area and kill all of them quickly, I would need to deal with it as fast as possible.

I fired a fire dust wave at it, getting its attention. It looked pretty mad from just that. I drew it out into the ruined courtyard, where I could bring my superior speed and dust waves to bear more effectively. 

It seemed to know what I was doing, but followed me anyway. Suddenly dust shot out of it and almost hit me. So that's what it was doing with it. I teleported closer to it and stunned it with the blunt end of my sheath, and began to drill it as fast as I could. It forced me to break off, and seemed to be learning.

I was somewhat off balance from it being so adaptable, most Grimm were defenseless once I managed to stun them. It seemed to notice this and pressed its advantage, charging full speed at me with a trail of fire dust behind it.