Ch 26: New War Brewing

Yang's Pov

I was walking down a path through a forest. I had my gauntlet, but I wasn't wearing my combat clothes. I kept going and saw a house in a clearing, sort of like mine but clearly different. I also noticed something that should have surprised me more. I had a ring on my hand. For some reason it didn't seem weird to me. I went inside and a little girl with cat ears hugged me. 

Then I woke up and saw Y/N holding on to me tight. It looked like he'd had a nightmare and then clung to me like I did to him. I wondered what I saw in my dream. Probably just some weird old memories came up at random or something. I hoped it was more, but Y/N was starting to rub off on me and make me rationalize everything. 

I tugged his ear a bit and he purred and tightened his grip. I hugged him back. I hoped he was at least having a better dream now. He was smiling faintly, so I guess he was. I kissed him on the forehead and leaned him against my chest. Maybe some parts of that dream were real. 

Eventually the sun came up more and he started to stir. I felt kinda disappointed when I saw the smile disappear from his face. I hated that he never smiled when he was awake. I wondered if it actually took effort for him to not frown from how long he'd been so serious.

Y/N: "Oh, sorry." He noticed how tight he was holding onto me.

Yang: "No, don't let go. I like it." We kissed for a while and cuddled until he decided to get up. He started to get changed.

Y/N: "Is it even worth asking you to look away?"

Yang: "Nope!" I sat there and just enjoyed the show.

Timeskip

Y/N's Pov

I went out alone. I had to ask Junior if he knew anything. I still had my little arrangement with him and figured he might have something. I got to the door and presented my license, then headed to the bar and he saw me.

Junior: "Before you even ask, no, I don't know anything."

Y/N: "Alright then. If you do, you know where to find me."

Junior: "Is that..?" He was looking at the gauntlet on my right arm.

Y/N: "Oh, don't worry about her. She's got better things to do now than tear up some random bar."

Junior: "Well, then I guess I owe you. You wouldn't believe the money she used to cost me before she won the tournament and the whole city got torn up."

Y/N: "I can only imagine." I got up and left.

Timeskip

I headed back to the house. I had told Yang I just needed to check something. When I got back she was playing video games with Ruby.

Ruby: "Oh hey, can you please beat Yang for me?"

Y/N: "I'm not good at video games."

Ruby: "Can you please try?"

Y/N: "Fine." I sat down and learned the controls. I quickly picked up the mechanics, especially the mid-air combos. I fought Yang and beat her a few times, then she adapted and beat me, and we went back and forth. Yang was screaming the whole time, while I was silent.

Ruby: "See Yang? You aren't the best at this."

Yang: "I still beat you. So where were you Y/N?"

Y/N: "Just checking something." They both looked at me, clearly aware I was doing more than I say. "Don't worry about it. I would tell you if it was something."

Yang: "Whatever! I wanna just keep at this. We can focus on Torchwick when the year starts." I just sat down next to her and let her lay on me while she kept playing with Ruby for the rest of the day.