Ch 38: Last Goodbyes

No Pov

It was the day before everyone would head out to where they knew Summer would be. They were all getting their weapons and a massive amount of dust together. 

Y/N's Pov

Ozpin called me to his room to talk about something. I wasn't doing anything, so I went straight there.

Y/N: "What did you need?"

Ozpin: "This may be the last time we can talk. If we win, I will be freed from my reincarnation and left permanently dead. I never got the chance to say goodbye to all the other people who helped me, and I do not intend to miss it now."

Y/N: "Oh... I guess you're right." I sighed. I hadn't thought about the fact that he would be gone after this. "I know we never agreed on some things, but thank you for taking me in."

Ozpin: "I regret letting you into this fight so early, but thank you for everything you have done to help. I do not know if we would be this close, this soon, without you."

Y/N: "Do you know if there's any kind of afterlife?"

Ozpin: "There is one. I remember it from when I was dead before Salem tried to bring me back."

Y/N: "Well then, maybe we will see each other again."

Ozpin: "Just promise me you will live your life after this. I don't want you to throw it all away fighting."

Y/N: "My dad asked me a similar thing. I still don't know if I can."

Ozpin: "If you survive, then take my advice. You still have a chance to be free of the threat Salem poses."

Y/N: "I hope so. But we don't know for sure. We might all die in this fight." We paused for a second. "I guess this is goodbye then. Thank you for everything." I actually had to push tears down. The only parent I had would be gone soon. "Well, I have to get loaded up. I'm bringing more dust than normal this time." 

Once I was out of the room, I almost collapsed against the wall. 

I went back outside to continue helping everyone get set up. I was able to carry things quickly, so I went around helping. We finished getting ready and headed out. We would meet a few miles away from where we would attack and then come full force the next day. 

We got in our bullhead and got in the air. I was going to sit down, but Yang grabbed my hand and pulled me into a closet in the hold with a devious smile on her face.

Y/N: "Ok, what do you want?"

Yang: "Well... It was kinda fun last time we got some... Alone time." She bit her lip. "Wanna do it again for good luck?" I was already red.

Y/N: "You better have taken precautions."

Yang: "Of course I did." She pinned me to the wall and locked the door.

Timeskip

I woke up a few hours later, put on my jacket, and went to the front of the ship. Everyone else was asleep accept Ruby and Oscar. They had been talking about something and stopped when they saw me.

Ruby: "Oh! Hi Y/N." They were both red.

Y/N: "Am I interrupting something?"

Oscar: "Uh... No?" They both clearly were thinking that was a lie.

Y/N: "Ok. I just wanted to take a look at the time." 

I went to the cockpit and saw the clock. I looked at the night sky and wondered if this would be one of the last times I saw it. Well, Yang would probably notice I was gone soon, so I decided to go back. On my way to the cargo hold, Ruby stopped me.