Ch 14: Battle of Beacon 2

No Pov

Ruby saw Yang and Blake in trouble. When Yang's arm was cut off and Blake was stabbed, she felt a surge of power and screamed. A blinding light enveloped the area, and when it cleared Adam was badly burned but still in good enough condition to run. 

Ruby tried to pursue him while Wiess ran over to Blake and Yang. They both clearly needed to get to a hospital. She tried to call for help and was able to get a bullhead to their location, since most of the civilians had already been evacuated. They got them to some doctors, and Ruby came back.

Ruby: "Are they ok?"

Wiess: "It sounds like they can save both of them. Did you get him?"

Ruby: "No, he disappeared. I couldn't catch him."

Wiess: "What even happened there?"

Ruby: "No idea." Suddenly they saw a pink figure standing in the distance. " We can't worry about that now." She noticed them, and charged. She stabbed forward with her umbrella, but missed both of them. 

Ruby tried to conterattack, but Neo shattered and appeared behind her. She was only able to land a few hit before Wiess flung her into the air with a glyph and took some shots with her rapier. Ruby recovered and used the opportunity to get some hits in with Crescent Rose.

Neo was able to get back on the ground and block with her umbrella, but the two students both proved too fast and unpredictable to keep up with. If she went for one, the other would push her back. She had no such advantage. However, she didn't retreat. She was too angry to see how outmatched she was. 

They had been the ones responsible for Torchwick's capture, and she would stop at nothing to free him. Wiess pinned her, while Ruby took the chance to get behind her and get some more hits in. Her aura was draining fast, but she wouldn't stop. She shattered and tried to get at them again, but this time they were ready for it. 

Ruby caught her in the lunge and broke her aura with a few quick swings. She fell unconscious. Wiess called a bullhead again to pick her up and deliver her to the authorities.

Y/N's Pov

I stared at the White Fang assassin. He got up quickly and stood opposite me. Amber quickly pushed Hazel away and continued dealing with him. I had finally figured out this man's semblance. He didn't just have a typical speed one, instead he could speed up normal movements of his body, and even localize it the way I can with mine. 

Y/N: "Who are you? Why did you say you knew me?"

???: "You'll see soon enough." He ran behind me, and I stabbed backwards with my sheath. He moved out of the way, but this time my attack connected. He recovered instantly and tried again, but this time I went on the offensive. 

I dashed forward with my sword and sent him flying. I teleported to him in the air and redirected him back to the ground. He left a crater and got up quickly, trying to uppercut me with his weapon but I teleported back to the ground and hit him with a barrage of swings. 

If I had only swung once, he would have been pushed back and had a chance to recover, but this time I wanted to make sure he couldn't escape, so I swung in opposite directions, keeping him in place. Eventually I decided to finally get some answers. I cut his mask in half and kicked him away. He got up and noticed his mask falling off.

Y/N: "You don't look like anyone I recognize. Who are you?"

???: "I suppose you were too young to really remember me." He put his weapons away. "My name is Michael Taurus." I remembered Salem calling me the son of someone named Michael, but I managed to hold my shock in.