LXXXIX

He stood on the white tiled floor like he was stapled to it, just staring into Brett's eyes, the energy between them almost visibly crackling. He would happily act out his fantasy now, from earlier, about pushing him against a wall and kissing him, hard. But all the curtains were open and all the neighbours knew exactly who they were. There was no way something like that wouldn't be seen somehow. 
Of course, standing here like this, like two lemons staring each other down, that might also attract attention. He couldn't quite move, though, the crackles pulling through him as if Brett were touching him for real.
It was Brett who broke free first and cleared his throat. Then he giggled. 
"So, I guess none of us were looking forward to this, then." 
Eddy shook his head. Somehow all of his words seemed to be missing, and all he wanted was to run up the stairs and close the door of Brett's bedroom behind them both so they could finally, finally be all alone. He didn't move though, he just looked at Brett as he walked over to the corner where the piano was and picked up his violin. 
Wait, what? 
Brett raised both his eyebrows and gave him the smallest of smirks as he put the violin on his shoulder and checked the tuning. 
"I thought we could start by practising." he said then with finality, and Eddy would have been disappointed, insecure maybe even, because why didn't he want to come upstairs and kiss him? But Brett's voice was so breathy, silky smooth and soft, that all he could do was swallow and move forward. 
Okay, Bretty. I'll play this your way. 
He closed his eyes for one moment as the anticipation built, reveling in it for just a second, and then he willed his arms to work and unpacked his violin quickly. 
"Okay, sure. What are you practising?" he asked. "You're on the Tchaik?"
"Yeah, I've been working on the cadenza. Wanna try and look at it with me?"
"Sure!"
Eddy hadn't officially learnt the Tchaik yet, but who hadn't looked at it before? He would be able to play along just fine. 
Brett smiled as he put the sheet music on the stand, angling it just so that Eddy fit in between it, Brett and the wall, but only just. 
"I know what you're doing, you know." he breathed as he pushed past Brett, his bum brushing softly against Brett's belly, accidentally on purpose. Brett's intake of breath was short and audible. 
"Yeah?" he breathed back. "Good."

Brett was so close now, so close that it would have been so easy to lose it, so easy to kiss him but by now he knew the game that Brett was playing and he was as committed to this as Brett was. He would go at Brett's pace. He would play the cadenza with him and let the tension build. 
"Just don't wait until I explode, okay?" he whispered suddenly. Brett smirked again, and Eddy saw because he couldn't stop looking at him, at his lovely, smooth features, his sweet eyes, the skin that was so soft, that he would be touching, later...
Brett's eyes were impossibly large, fiery like the cadenza they were about to play. 
"Well, let's see who explodes first."

Brett knew the cadenza much better, but Eddy didn't mind. He tagged along, trying Brett's musical ideas against his own, losing himself for a moment in the sound they produced together. 
It really was a brilliant cadenza. 
When they had played it several times Brett put down his violin,  gently brushing his elbow against Eddy's chest in the process. 
"So, wanna eat? My mum's left sweet and sour sauce."
Eddy grinned. 
"Sure."
Of course. As if their mums had agreed that tonight was sweet and sour night? Not that he would be tasting it, very much, right now. He was only focused on one thing, and it was the beautiful Asian boy that was closing the clasps on his violin case. He put his own violin down, slapped the back of Brett's jeans and ran to the kitchen giggling.