CLXXXIV

They must have made it to the bed somehow, even though Eddy had no recollection of it when he woke up. His whole body felt heavy, languid, and he felt more relaxed than he could ever remember being in his life. 
"Hi." Brett said quietly beside him. He was looking right at him, his eyes floating, some of that loving look from last night still remaining. "We don't have long."
"How long have you been awake?" 
"I just woke up."
Eddy stroked Brett's hair back and kissed him once. 
"I can't even remember getting to bed."
Brett grinned. 
"Yeah, we were pretty tired by the end."
"Not just that though." Eddy said honestly, and his heart made a jump when he saw Brett's answering smile. 
"No, not just that. Wow, Eddy. That was..."
Eddy nodded. 
"Shower sex is to be recommended."
"The best ever." Brett breathed. "Let's do that lots while we are here."
Eddy didn't have to say anything, he knew from how hot his cheeks were that Brett would be able to see just fine how he felt. 

"Well, you two look like you had a great night's sleep." Todd said dryly as they approached the table in the restaurant where Todd and Ian were already digging into their breakfasts.
"Fuck off." Brett muttered good-naturedly. "I'm going to grab some coffee, Eddy, you want some?"
"Yeah, sure."
He followed Brett to the buffet and happily heaped his plate with egg pancakes, rice balls and fried bread. He was starving, even though they had eaten so much hot pot last night. He smiled to himself as he thought of why. 
Must be all the exercise. 
"So, what time do we have to be there?" Todd asked him as he sat back down with his plate and took a sip of the coffee that Brett had brought him. 
"Eleven, I think. I'm really curious about the orchestra."
"Oh yeah, didn't the concert master have a thing for you?"
Eddy winced as he thought of that particular awkward encounter in Perth, when he had outed them to a stranger during the barbecue on the field they used to sit in. 
"Oh, shut up. I don't know if she's even still there." he said quickly, trying his hardest not to let his cheeks colour. 
"It does seem to be Eddy getting all of the attention." Ian teased, and Eddy winced again. 
Look, what was he supposed to say to that? He remembered well how Ian had tried to hit on her during that barbecue. And yet, it had been him she liked, him she tried to ask out. Which was nothing but super awkward. Why couldn't she just like Ian? He sighed quietly. 
Wouldn't it be nice if he could just fix the world for everyone? 

They could walk to the rehearsal space, which was just on the other side of the night market they had visited last night. Eddy's heart made a little jump as they approached it. It was a music school, the sign above the grand wooden door said. The door was open, and a couple of young Taiwanese girls walked out giggling. 
"I wonder if the orchestra is here yet." Todd said as he stepped into the building first, fearless as always. "And Mr. Davids."
The last syllable hadn't left his mouth before John stepped out into the hall. 
"Ah, guys! I'm so glad you made it on time. Come, and see the hall we've been rehearsing in. Did you have a good flight?"
"John, hi! Thanks again for having us. It's been great so far!" Eddy enthused as he stepped forward and shook John's hand. This taking charge thing was getting easier, he had to say. 
"Good! The orchestra is already setting up. You can just sit and listen in for a while, and then at twelve o'clock we'll do the first run through of your piece."