CXC

"So, are you going to tell me where we're going now?"
Eddy was aware that he sounded a bit petulant, but by now he was so curious he felt he could burst, Brett was clearly not impressed though, he just grinned. 
"Nope. I will tell you we're taking the metro though."
Eddy groaned quietly. At least his head was feeling a little better already. He had felt like such a fool, waking up beside Brett and realising he had had too much to drink, had fallen asleep like a log and stopped any attempts at romance. To be honest, he deserved to have a headache after that. But Brett had only smiled and told him he was adorable. 
Was that even a compliment, really? 
Then Brett had taken him downstairs, insisted he eat some cornflakes, and only then had they finally left for their mystery date. 
"Do you know your way around?" he asked, taking great care to keep the petulance out of his voice this time. 
"Somewhat. I looked it all up. I hope I don't lead you somewhere stupid though."
"Of course you won't. So, do you reckon Todd and Ian are up yet?"
Brett laughed curtly. 
"Todd was drunker than you. I'm guessing he's feeling it."
Brett pointed to the metro station up ahead. Eddy stepped onto the escalator with him and watched the city vanish around them as they sunk under the streets of Taipei. 

The metro in Taipei really was a marvel. It was clean, and super efficient. They hadn't even been waiting for two minutes when a train turned up, and Brett boarded it first. He was keeping his face deadpan, as always, but Eddy could feel the excitement in him anyway, in the subtle gestures, in the tiny smiles. 
"Here?" Brett pointed to two pale blue plastic seats quite close to the doors, and Eddy shrugged. 
"Sure."

He was glad when they got above ground and he could see the city he was falling in love with more ever second again. Where there any landmarks he could see? Would Brett take him to a market, or something? Or maybe to a concert? But they rode, and rode, and Brett never made any move to get off the train. They must have been in there for close to an hour when he saw the sign. 
Taipei Zoo. 
Wait, was he taking him there?
"Let's get off." Brett said calmly. 
"Are we going to the zoo?"
Brett grinned again. He was clearly loving this. 
"Nope."
"Brett! You're killing me here!"
Brett turned to him and gave him a sweet smile. 
"We're almost there, I promise."
They walked the street for a while, when Eddy saw the sign. 
Maokong gondola. 
His heart jumped in his chest. He had heard about this place, but he had never been here before. And he knew that Brett knew that. 
"We're going on the gondola?"
Brett didn't say a word, but from the beaming smile he knew he was right. 
"This is awesome! Brett!"
"Cool."

The cable car they got was small and completely clear, the roof, the sides, even the ground was made of spotless glass. There were little benches around the side they would be able to sit on. 
"Oh my God, we'll be able to see everything."
"Yeah, you'll be able to see me shitting myself when we get up high."
Eddy grinned. 
"Don't worry. I'll hold your hand."
"I'll keep you to that. Jesus, this is going to be scary."
Eddy looked around him and quickly stepped into the car. He sat down on the little bench and held out his hand to Brett. 
"I'll hold you safe."
Brett took a deep breath and stepped on too. 
"Alright. Let's do this."