CXCV

Todd and Ian's room was basically the same as their own. There were two single beds, the same set of grey chairs and table in the corner, another window looking out of Taipei below. The only difference was that in their own room the beds had been pushed together, while Todd and Ian had a night stand between theirs. 
"You gonna take a bed?" Todd asked. 
"Yeah, sure. You good with us taking that one?"
"Absolutely, go for it."
They settled in together on the bed closest to the window, which Eddy guessed from past experience was Todd's. He propped a pillow behind his back as Ian sat down on the bed next to them and got comfortable. Todd dragged one of the chairs between Ian's bed and the bathroom door. Then he moved the little table to the foot of the beds, and set up the laptop on it. 
"I downloaded source code. Have you seen it?"
Eddy shook his head. 
"Nah. Good choice."
"Cool. Help yourselves to beer. And some... whatever it is."
"Mijiu! It's made from rice, I think." Brett said, as he held his hand out for the bottle. "I used to watch my uncles drink this. Never tasted it though."

Eddy had never drunk Mijiu before either, but he found that he really loved it. It was mildly sweet and fruity, but it had a dryness and a lightness to it that he hadn't tasted in normal wines before. 
"This is super good!" Todd exclaimed the second he sipped some. Eddy eyed him for a second. He knew that Todd had already glugged down a beer as well, in the last minute or so, and he raised one eyebrow. What had happened to not drinking too much tonight? But both Todd and Ian seemed to have forgotten all about that, and were happily tucking into the rice wine as the movie started playing. 

It was so lovely to sit here with his love, sipping mijiu, watching a good film. Their hands and arms were together, loosely, and he could feel Brett's warmth through his shirt. He put his head on Brett's shoulder and sighed. 
"I could stay here forever." he said softly. 
"Yeah, me too."
The movie ended, and Todd got up from his chair to put on another one, called Abduction. Eddy had been getting sleepy, to be honest, after the night before, after the day they had had. But he didn't want to go to bed, not yet. 
Todd was clearly getting pretty fuzzy from the alcohol though, because his step was a little uncertain, and when he walked back to the bed he prodded Ian in the shoulder. 
"Move over, bro. I need to sit comfortably, that chair is doing my back in."
Ian didn't say anything, he just moved over and Todd climbed on his bed. 
There was something about Ian, though. He was still drinking wine, but he had been quiet, even more quiet than normal, and suddenly Eddy started to worry. Was he okay? There was something in his eyes, something... 
But he couldn't place it, and he tried to focus back on the film. 
He was getting so sleepy that he was about to suggest going back to their room, when Todd slurred something beside them. 
"Ian."
"Yeah?"
Todd smiled wonkily. 
"I'm pretty drunk."
Ian turned slightly to him and shrugged. 
"Yeah, me too."
It was like Todd wasn't even noticing they were there, anymore, his eyes were misty, and distant. He smiled again and then he slowly put his head on Ian's shoulder. Eddy's eyes opened wide, and he could feel Brett freezing next to him. 
Oh fuck, oh fuck. It was like watching a car crash happen in slow motion. Putting your head on someone's shoulder was not something a guy did to a guy. Was Ian going to shrug him off? Was he going to laugh at him? Was he... was he going to understand what Todd felt about him and turn away from him, send him out? 
He was so shocked he couldn't breathe, he could only watch as Ian turned slightly to Todd. 
"Toddy." he said gently. "Your head is on my shoulder."
Todd just shrugged. 
"Yep. I know."
Slowly, but deliberately, Ian leaned his head against Todd's. 
"Okay."