CXCI (ever so slightly NSFW. Not really.)

He was well aware that people could see them fine, from the adjoining cars, but surely they weren't looking at them, when there was so much to see underneath? And come on, they were in Taiwan, nine hours flight away from his mum. After a beat he took Brett's hand and stroked it tenderly. Was Brett afraid of hights? He hadn't known, but he could feel him tensing now, as they floated higher and higher above the trees. 
"Wow, look how gorgeous it is!" he said, pointing with his other hands at fields upon fields of tea. 
"Yeah, I think in a minute we'll be able to see all the way to the ocean."

There was something growing inside Eddy, like something was shifting, and he knew that he wouldn't be able to shift it back. But he also didn't want to stop it. He looked around him again. There were other gondolas, before them and behind them, but they weren't too close, they were just shapes behind the glass. 
Surely they would be just shapes behind the glass to them too, then? 
He scooted very carefully, a little bit over to his love. Then he leaned over and kissed his cheek. 
"Whoa." Brett said. 
"Is that good?"
"Wh... yes, of course!"
"Cool." Eddy said quietly. His lips were still resting softly on Brett's cheek, and it was easy now. A quick glance to the other carts with their shapes behind glass, and Brett's face was turning towards him. Before he knew it he was touching his lips to Brett's. He groaned quietly, well aware that there was an Eddy, somewhere, who would say careful! You're in public! You have family in Taiwan! Who knows who'll see? But he silenced that Eddy and opened his mouth slightly so he could taste Brett's lips. 
That was it, they were kissing for real for just a moment, their tongues hot together, exploring, loving.
"Whoa."  Brett said again when he let go, but hoarsely now. "That..."
Eddy rested his head on his love's shoulder and looked through the glass beneath him. They were up even higher, now, so high the station underneath them had vanished, and a vista of Taipei was opening up in front of them. 
"Yeah."
Quickly, deliberately, he ran his hand over the engorged bulge in Brett's jeans, the one that matched his own. Then he sighed and sat back against the glass normally, and he took Brett's hand again. His heart was still pounding in his chest, but there was a happiness in him, a glimmer of peace, like he had never felt before. 
"This is an awesome surprise." he told his love as the cart went up over the green hills. 
"Yeah? I agree." Brett said quietly. 

His feet were more than a little wobbly as they finally got off at the top of the hill, where there where throngs of tourists and lots of food places. 
"Do you want to eat something?" Brett asked him. "Or shall we go on this hike I found? Apparently it's gorgeous."
Eddy looked around at the busy market-like atmosphere, the people milling about everywhere. 
"Hike, please. I'd like to be alone with you as soon as possible."
Brett's breath hitched in his throat and Eddy smiled thriumphantly. Look, maybe he had ruined their chances last night, but he was sure as hell going to make this the best day possible for his Brett. 
"O-okay." Brett stammered. "I think it's that way."
"Cool. Lead the way. Good thing I wore my comfortable sneakers."
"I would have stopped you if you wouldn't have."

They were leaving the throngs behind them quickly, and soon Brett pointed. 
"Look, I think that's the entrance to the trail. I think it isn't like true wilderness or something, but it's supposed to be nice."
Eddy nodded. 
"You could take me anywhere and it would be nice."