[17]

"I'm against this," Chifuyu started, "We don't have to join forces with Kisaki, Takemitchy! You and I can handle this without the help of that bastard!"

The duo walked side by side in the city, discussing whether to accept Kisaki's help or not. Chifuyu was completely against it while Takemichi..was thinking to give it a go.

Takemichi was deep in his thoughts, it took a few seconds for him to respond, "..can we?"

Chifuyu wasn't happy with his response, he gritted his teeth as he went up to him and grabbed Takemichi by the shoulder, forcing him to face him. "Are you hearing yourself right now?! He's the guy who got Baji-san and Hinata Tachibana murdered!! Don't you know that?!" he yelled.

"Yes! I know! I know that! But what else are we supposed to do?!—Kill Kisaki?! We both know that we can't do that!" Takemichi snapped back at his partner, "What we really gotta do is get Kisaki the hell out of Toman! And we gotta stop Hakkai from killing Taiju!" He added.

Chifuyu stayed quiet as he continues to listen to him.

"I don't want to join forces with that bastard Kisaki, either. But if we do, we might learn something about him—we could find a way on how to get him kicked out of the gang!"

When Takemichi said that it stunned Chifuyu—realizing that Takemichi's right. All the yelling, made Takemichi pant like he just ran in a marathon.

As he tries to catch his breath, he began to recall everything that happened in the future—Draken ending up on death row, Chifuyu and [first name] killed by Kisaki, and Akkun.. and Hina..

Takemichi bit his lip to prevent himself from getting emotional, "I..I don't wanna see a bad future for us ever again. I'll work with Kisaki if I have to." He said, then he turns to Chifuyu, with his usual determined look, "So please, Chifuyu..help me do this."

The two stared at each other for a while, in silence. Takemichi patiently waited for Chifuyu to respond, he mentally gulped—thinking that Chifuyu might not help him and leave him. Then Chifuyu broke the silence with a heavy sigh.

"Ah jeez," he said, rolling his eyes. Takemichi stared at him, not knowing what his partner's reaction was supposed to mean.

Then Chifuyu turned his back on him and began walking away, "Looks like I'm not gonna enjoy this Christmas. I want to spend my Christmas night with my family and maybe with [first name]. But I guess..that's not going to happen."

Takemichi scratched his head, a bit confused with what Chifuyu just said. It took him a minute to finally realize what Chifuyu meant, a soft smile form on his face, and said, "Thanks, Chifuyu!"

Chifuyu eyed him, "Whatever. Let's just get over with this crap.."

Takemichi went to his side, still smiling at him. Chifuyu avoided eye contact and said,

"What so fun about meetin' up with dudes to beat up some other dude at Christmas?"

~~~

"So..you two are really gonna do it." said [first name], sitting on the stairs of the apartment complex with Chifuyu.

"Yep. Tonight's the night." Chifuyu replied as they both watch snow fall from the sky. It's Christmas. The two decided to talk before Chifuyu leaves to meet up with Takemichi. He still has plenty of time to be with her, since it's only 1 pm.

"Well, good luck to both of you, you're gonna need it." She said, resting her chin on her hand. Chifuyu let out a soft chuckle, "You think we can't do it? That's offending." he said.