[20] - ⚡️

year: 2017

"What..What the hell happened, Naoto...?"

Naoto let out a heavy sigh and spoke, "You've time-leaped into the past multiple times in your attempts to save my sister."

Takemichi sniffed as another tear escaped his eye.

"This is the worst future that's happened yet." said Naoto, a bit hesitant to say it. Takemichi froze, staring at Naoto in disbelief.

Naoto looked down and began to speak again, "Of course, my sister wasn't saved," he looked up and meet Takemichi's eyes, "and the chief members of the Tokyo Manji Gang have all been killed."

Takemichi let out a soft gasp, he felt like his heart just sank. He looked down at the picture that he was holding, a picture of him with Chifuyu, Mikey, Hakkai, Draken and Mitsuya, the last group photo that he took before he left the past.

Then Naoto began explaining, "Hakkai Shiba, burned to death. Takashi Mitsuya, strangled. Ken Ryuguji, stabbed. Chifuyu Matsuno, and his girlfriend of 10 years turned fiancée, [first name] Shimizu, shot to death."

Takemichi's eyes widened when he heard the last one.

"Not just them, Kazutora Hanemiya and Haruki Hayashida, too. And all the other members, all of them were murdered. Even Kisaki was killed."

"Kisaki..?" Takemichi whispered, "Everyone is dead..?"

Naoto remained silent.

Takemichi began shaking, "No..b-but why..?"

"[first name] Shimizu," Naoto started, Takemichi let out a soft gasp when he mentioned that name, "She was the only non-member that got killed, and thanks to her, we discovered the possible suspect behind all of these murders. but as of now, we don't have a clue where he might be.."

Takemichi's head jolted up as if he remembered something, "W-What about Mikey-kun?! was he murdered too?!" he asked in pure worry.

Naoto's expression changed. He narrowed his eyes as his hand went down to his pocket, "Brace yourself for what you're about to hear, Takemichi-kun,"

Takemichi gasped when Naoto pulled something out of his pocket, it was a photo, a photo of a man that is no stranger to Takemichi.

"The criminal wanted for these serial murders is no other than Manjiro Sano." said Naoto.

Takemichi began panting, he couldn't believe his ears. "H-Huh..?"

Naoto just stared at him expressionlessly.

"Could you dial down the jokes a freakin' notch? There's no way that Mikey-kun would kill everyone! Especially [first name]-chan! He treats her like a little sister!!" Takemichi yelled, but he received no answer from Naoto, "Hey! say something, Naoto!"

Naoto sighed, "Takemichi-kun, I want to know the whole truth, too." he said truthfully, Takemichi just stared at him as he listened, "That's why I want to meet Manjiro Sano and talk to him, and you're the only one who can do that." he added.

Takemichi's eyes grew wider as he stares at him in shock.

"As a former Toman Admin, and the only one still alive..only you can do it, Takemichi-kun."

~~~

Takemichi and Naoto sat quietly on the plane, both are on their way to Mikey's current location, which is in another country. Thanks to the mysterious letter that they found in Takemichi's apartment, they discovered where Mikey currently is.