[45]

"Mikey.."

Takemichi heard [first name] mumbling, but he didn't understand because her voice was too soft..and weak. "[first name]-chan..what did you say..?" he asked, lifting her head a little higher so that he and the others can hear.

[first name] slowly turned her attention back to them and saw all the worried looks—Senju and Takemichi were in tears while Takeomi, Benkei, and Wakasa were trying their very best to not shed a tear.

She let out a weak laugh, "Don't cry..I'm alright.." she said in a very weak voice. "No, you're not!" Senju yelled. Takemichi used his other hand to wipe his tears, "I'm gonna call an ambu—" he stopped when [first name] spoke. "Takemichi..remember what I told you.." she said, smiling weakly at him. Takemichi flinched—he knows what she's saying.

The favor that she asked.

The words that she wants to say to Mikey..

He gave her a small nod. [first name] hummed softly and said, "good..don't forget.." Then her eyes landed on Senju, who's beside Takemichi on her knees, also in tears—Senju's eyes never left [first name]'s weak-looking ones, she sniffed and wiped some of her tears off. [first name] let out a weak chuckle and decided to break the silence,

"Man..my head hurts.."

She said, wanting to earn a laugh from her friends—but instead, Takemichi and Senju began to produce more tears. Senju shakily placed a hand on [first name]'s forehead and examined the wound, "T-Takemichi..the bleeding is not stopping.." said Senju between her sobs. Then [first name] used her remaining strength to hold Senju's other hand, making Senju gasp a little and look at her. [first name] still has a weak smile on her face,

"It's just a scratch.."

Senju frowned at her, "NO, IT'S NOT, [FIRST NAME]!" she yelled, "we need to take you to the hospi--!" [first name] didn't let her finish, "Can you guys listen to me for a sec.." she said, making Senju and Takemichi flinch. "I'm getting a little..tired.." [first name] added.

Takemichi folded his shaking lips and gave her a nod. [first name]'s eyes slowly looked up to meet Takemichi's, seeing Senju and Takemichi in tears—breaks her heart. She knows why they're crying, and she knows that she's in a very good state. But she chose to give them her signature smile, showing them that there's nothing to be worried about..even though her vision is getting a little blurry.

"Takemichi..I know what you're thinking.." [first name] started, making Takemichi flinch a little. "It's not your fault.."

"[first name]-chan.."

"It's not your fault," she repeated, giving him a reassuring smile. "I got myself into this situation, so this is basically my own fault.." she said, recalling the time when she finally accepted Senju's offer..and the main reason why she joined Brahman.

A soft whimper escaped Takemichi's lips, "But I'm the reason why you joined Brahman! You shouldn't have helped me! You should've just let me deal with this alone! Now, look what happened to you! It's my fault that this happened to you! I...I failed..I failed to protect you.." he whispered the last part, it was so soft..the two girls didn't hear it.

[first name] let out a weak laugh, "Oh Takemichi.." she closed her eyes, and she can feel tears begin to form. "I..I told you...t-that I got your back..our crybaby hero.." she said in a shaky voice.