[32]

Chifuyu

It's June, and it's the week of final exams, I studied really hard last night—which is the main reason why I have bags under my eyes.

I yawned as I lazily took my bag that was hanging on my door. Then I saw the manga that [first name] bought for me. It was on my nightstand, I quickly grabbed it and put it in my backpack.

I'm gonna bring this to school today--because I'm not done reading it yet..

Another yawn escaped my mouth as I walk past my mom, leaning against the counter with a cup of tea in her hands. "You're a bit early today, I'm guessing it has something to do with [first name]-chan.." she said in a bored yet teasing tone.

I groaned in annoyance, "Yeah! so what?!" I said, not turning to face her—she's just gonna make fun of me when she saw me blushing. I heard her giggling behind me.

"I gotta thank that girl for that. It's nice seeing you leave early just to walk her to school." she said warmly.

I can feel my cheeks heating up more, she's sounding like she's saying that I'm some kind of great boyfriend..

I gulped. If only Mom knows the real reason why we go to school early every time there's an ex—

"And I noticed that you two leave for school 30 minutes early whenever there's an exam going on." she added.

I flinched, I guess she knows after all.

Whenever there's an exam, [first name] would tutor me and ask me a bunch of questions as we walk our way to school, just to check if I did study for the exams.

Man, I had no choice but to stay up and study, instead of reading mangas. Because every wrong answer I give [first name], I'll either receive a frown—or get yelled at.

"Wow, seems like you did study after all!" she said in a cheery tone, she was still holding my notebook as we walk. "Told ya that I'm gonna ace all our tests." I said cockily, with her school bag hanging on my right shoulder, and on my left shoulder was my backpack.

Nothing has changed with [first name] to be honest, she's still the same [first name] that I met 3 years ago..except her hair is longer than before, and it's back to her natural hair color, which is black. I kinda like her having [h/c] hair..it's a shame that she doesn't want to dye it again.

She laughed as she gently nudged me with her elbow, "I know you will." she said, looking up at me. "there's no need to get cocky about it." she added.

When we arrived at where the lockers are, she took her bag from me and looked at me in the eyes. "Well, this is where we part ways." she said, smiling warmly at me. I smiled back at her, and gave her a soft pat on her head.

"I'll see you after class." I said as I began walking away with my hands in my pockets.

[first name]
When Chifuyu began walking away, I immediately turn to my locker and began organizing my things in there. I hummed a song as I placed some books in one corner. I was about to close my locker and leave but—my eyes landed on the pictures that I put in my locker as decorations. I can feel myself smiling as I stare at all of them.