[39]

Takemichi

"Woah, so many photos of Toman here!" I said, smiling at all the pictures stuck on the wall. I'm currently at Draken's place, he wanted me to come over. Then my eyes landed on a picture of me, I can feel my smile grow wider. "Hey! Even I'm here!" I said.

I can sense Draken smiling at me as I continue to look at all the pictures on his wall. There's a ton of them actually, most of them were pictures of Toman.

I saw a picture of him when he was younger, and he's with the founding members of Toman. Then there's also a picture of him and me--we both looked so cool. Then my eyes landed on a picture of him and [first name]--they both look like they were laughing at something. I took a closer look at that picture and I nearly choked when I saw--Chifuyu face-planting the muddy ground. I guess..that's what they're laughing at. Then another picture caught my attention--a girl with sandy blonde hair...I gasped when I realized who it was.

"Emma-chan.." I heard myself whisper.

"I still dream about her." I heard Draken behind me, making me turn to look at him. He was sitting on his bed, and his attention was on the floor. Then he spoke again, "You have to help Mikey."

I stared at him worriedly, "Draken.."

"I need Mikey, Takemichi. I can't abandon him." he said. I mentally gasped when I realized that---that's the reason why he joined Brahman. He needs Mikey. Then he lifted his head up and looked at me, "Tell me, Takemichi..What is Mikey like in the future?" he asked.

I stayed quiet for a moment--I don't know how to tell him. I guess I have to be straight to the point and honest then. I looked away from him, "He looked so thin...and like he'd been sleeping terribly." I said as I began recalling the future. "He led a criminal organization. He told me he couldn't suppress his black urges.." I added.

"Black urges?"

I took a deep breath, "Hina was safe. Everyone that should've died survived. Mikey promised me two years ago, 'I will protect everyone in Toman and Hina until we meet again 12 years from now'." then I turned my attention back to Draken, "The future came as promised, But Mikey was left unhappy." even just by saying that--it still makes me shiver.

"So it's like that.." he said, as his eyes went back to the floor, "..black urges.." he whispered. I stared at him, watching him go deep in his thoughts. Then he lifted his head back and looked at me, "That guy's been looking ahead 12 years for the past 2.." he said, making me flinch a little. He looked at me straight in the eyes and said, "So that's why he pushed every one of his friends away..he made us despise him."

My eyes widened in shock, "Huh..? How on earth did he do that?" I can hear my own voice getting a little shaky.

Draken's attention was still on the floor, "I don't know about this 'black urges' but..once he pushed us all away, we all became better people." he said, then his attention went back to me. "Maybe, all this hatred and resentment was his way of sacrificing himself to your promise?"

I stared at him with my emotions all mixed, "He did that..? All for my promise..?"

I noticed a weak smile formed on his lips as he looked up at the ceiling, "That moron..he must've been convinced that you were doing the right thing, Takmeichi.." he said, flashing me a wide grin.

Mikey-kun..

We left his room, and we were about to head out. We were walking side by side in the hallways, "So that's why you joined Brahman. It ain't the same as the future, you know.." he said, not turning to look at him. He's right.