it was Mikey all along

Loud snores filled the entire room.

Mitsuya was a little irritated by the sounds. He groaned as he turn to where the snores were coming from— it was Pah and Kazutora, sleeping on the couch, next to each other.

Pah's head was resting on Kazutora's right shoulder while Kazutora's head was resting on top of Pah's, and both of their mouths were hanging open. Draken nearly chocked when he saw Pah's drool stream down Kazutora's shirt.

Chifuyu was still sitting at the side of [first name]'s bed, "Are you guys tired?" he asked, glancing at Mitsuya.

"Not really.." Mitsuya replied, looking at Pah and Kazutora weirdly. "Just these two." said Draken, walking his way to them. Chifuyu stood up, watching what Draken's about to do.

Mitsuya frowned and said, "I think it's best to let them sleep—they're both too damn loud to be in a place like this."

Draken ignored him as he gently put a hand on Kazutora's left shoulder and began shaking him. "Hey..wake up you two." he said softly. Kazutora squirmed then he turned to Pah and hugged him—snuggling him like a teddy bear. "Shut up..Chifuyu.." he grumbled.

Draken flinched—he slightly felt crushed. His best friend just mistook him for someone else. When Mitsuya saw the look on Draken's face, he immediately folded his lips—not wanting to laugh at Draken's reaction.

A small smile formed on Chifuyu's lips as he shook his head at the sleeping Kazutora, then his attention went back to [first name]—still sleeping peacefully. His smile immediately faded as he looks at his wife.

She's fine, and same goes with their baby. The doctor said that she's lucky—the bullet didn't hit her heart. Knowing that his wife and his child are fine, he still can't help but to feel so worried..and he's still mad at himself for not being there to—he flinched and quickly shook the negative feeling off.

Chifuyu let out a loud and heavy sigh, making Mitsuya look at him. Mitsuya tilted his head, watching Chifuyu pinching the bridge of his nose.

Mitsuya let out a weak smile as he went up to him and nudged him, "Hey, she's alright now. Don't blame yourself for what happened." he said in a comforting tone.

Chifuyu hummed as he turned to face him, "I can't help it..if only I was with her that time, she wouldn't be—"

Mitsuya put an arm around his shoulders, slightly pulling him close to him, "Listen, it's not your fault. Stop stressing yourself out. If [first name] saw you acting like this, I'm sure she would say the same thing." he said, giving Chifuyu a warm smile.

"He's right, Chifuyu." said Draken, "Stop blaming yourself for what happened, just be thankful that [first name] and your kid are fine." he added.

Chifuyu looked at them with wide eyes, he expected them to be mad at him..why?

12 years ago, he promised them..he promised Baji..that he will never let anything bad happen to [first name]—He'll always be by her side to protect her till the very end..but he thinks that he just failed keeping that promise...

"B-But I promised—"

He stopped when he saw Pah was already awake, "Quit your whining, Chifuyu. It's not your damn fault why she's here." said Pah—with Kazutora still sleeping on his lap.