[19]

Days have passed and nothing has changed...

Chifuyu and [first name] didn't become awkward towards each other after what happened. In fact, neither of them brought it up the next following days, not that they regretted it or something like that--no. They both know it's best not to.

Chifuyu hasn't really moved on about it yet. Whenever he thinks about how [first name]'s lips touched his cheek, he would smile out of the blue as he stares at nothing. His mom would notice him smiling all of the sudden, like some kind of wacko, and it slightly made her concerned, thinking that her son was going crazy.

[first name] was also a little giddy about it whenever she recalled what she did to Chifuyu. She didn't know what came over to her when she did that but she knows she has no regrets about it.

Both are planning to go to the shrine together on new year's eve, [first name] was excited about it, because she knows that she'll definitely see the others there.

~~~

"[first name], don't leave my side, there's a lot of people here."

"Okay, Mom."

"Am I even supposed to be here?" said Peh, watching [first name] and Chifuyu walking in front of him. He knows that those two aren't really an official couple but as he watches them acting like one, he felt like a third wheel. He never felt so single in his entire life.

It's December 31st, New year's eve, and they're already at the shrine.

All of them are dressed up for New Year--all look pretty dashing in their kimonos. Chifuyu and Peh were wearing a full kimono, the same goes for [first name].

She looks so elegant in her blue kimono, and thanks to the zori she's wearing, she gained a little height. Her hair was tied up loosely, some of the strands of her hair were left hanging, framing her beautiful face. She brought a fan with her, but Chifuyu took it from her.

Then [first name] noticed that Peh is no longer on Chifuyu's side, she stopped. She immediately looked behind her and saw Peh 8ft away from them. Chifuyu also stopped and followed her gaze.

"Peh, why are you so far from us? Walk next to me," said [first name], waving her hand, gesturing him to come to her.

Peh gave her an awkward yet friendly smile, "I'd rather not." he said, thinking that it's best for him to distance himself from the pair.

"Come on, Peh-yan. Just do what she told you." he said, giving him a small smile.

Peh looked at him, then to [first name], who is also smiling at him. He sighed in defeat and smiled back at them, "Fine, but I'm holding [first name]'s fan," he said as he walks up to her. "I'm getting a little sweaty." he added, causing [first name] to laugh a little.

Chifuyu rolled his eyes playfully at him, then handed [first name]'s fan to him.

"I wonder where Mikey and the others are?" said [first name], pulling her phone out. Chifuyu and Peh watched her flip her phone open. She squinted at her screen, "Emma said that they're already here." she said, scratching her temple.

"Tell 'em we're already here too." said Peh, waving the fan at him.

Chifuyu was about to open his mouth to speak but he stopped when he heard something, it sounded like something had dropped beside him, and it sounded like it landed near his foot. "Hm?" he looked down and saw a small wooden plaque. "What the hell?" he muttered to himself as he picks it up.