The Warlord & the Fae Prince (ChanLix ft. SKZ) [PART 3]

Pairing: Chan & Felix ft. SKZ

Genre: Fantasy/Royalty AU (MAMA 2020-inspired)

!!TW!! : graphic depiction of violence, abuse, blood, injuries, implied sexual harassment, self-harm, amputation (kind of), major character death

(requested by HOlY CRAP SO MANY PEOPLE!)

OKAY THIS WAS A HOT MESS!

I had so many people asking for a third part, I couldn't NOT do it. I apologize in advance for any mistakes, I wrote it in a bit of a rush but hopefully, you'll still like it!

.

.

.

Felix could feel it – how his home was slowly, but surely deteriorating.

Even though his connection to the forest had been by Minho's ritual, Felix was still a Fae and, as such, he was still intrinsically linked to nature and the magic that coursed through the roots of their very world. As such, even from so far away, Felix could feel how the forest was already suffering greatly from his loss.

He needed to get back.

With the initial threat against his home now gone since he had healed Jeongin, the Warlord's brother, Felix refused to be forced into submission again. The Warlord was determined to break him, and Felix was now determined to fight back and make him regret ever hurting him and his people.

His initial pain and despair had faded in the few days following their arrival. Chan was busy with Jeongin's recovery, so it gave Felix a certain time of reprieve to settle his thoughts, the grief dulling into a scorching determination to be free again.

Every curse could be countered, every ritual could be reversed. If Felix could simply figure out which ritual Minho had used to modify his magic core, then there was no doubt in his mind that he'd be able to figure out a way to nullify its effects and reestablish his connection and his powers. Fae were ancient people with ancient knowledge – if he could simply find his way back home, then had hope that everything would be alright.

But there was still the matter of getting there, now.

The room – cell – he'd been unceremoniously dumped into wasn't exactly spacious, and the iron bars on the window in addition to the iron door rendered the atmosphere a bit heavy. While there wasn't enough to outright sicken him on the spot, there was definitely enough to weaken him a bit and, most importantly, a prolonged exposure would definitely bring about more complications.

It also blocked his only two points of escape, so that was also a problem.

Even if Felix somehow managed to escape his room, however, there were too many people around for him to execute a successful escape. The entire castle and the city attached to it were filled to the brim with experienced and well-trained soldiers, so getting out would be no easy feat.

The Warlord's personal guard dogs wouldn't be easily dealt with, either.

Minho would undoubtedly be the hardest to deal with. He was an extremely powerful mage, and he was obviously willing to go to unimaginable lengths for his leader – as such, he wouldn't hesitate in using offensive magic against Felix and, with his limited powers, the Fae held little doubt that Minho would easily subdue him.

Changbin and Hyunjin, the two warriors who'd managed to capture him back during the invasion, were also notable threats. They were physically stronger than the average man, and they knew how to wield weapons Felix couldn't even fathom touching – if either of them managed to get too close, they'd overpower him in an instant.