Can We Keep Him? (JeongLix)

Pairing: Jeongin & Felix (ft. SKZ)

Genre: Vampire AU

!!TW!! : mild angst, mentioned stalking, mentioned kidnapping, attempted murder, minor character death, manipulation, hypnosis, blood because vampires

(requested by @Jamers)

.

.

.

They had all been together for a very long time, longer than any of them could really be bothered to remember. Chan was the oldest, and his mate, Minho, hadn't been turned too longer after him. And then there was Changbin, soon followed by Hyunjin, and then Seungmin – the latter two who were also mates. Finally, Jisung also joined them after Changbin found him to be his mate.

And then, a few centuries ago, they took in Jeongin.

The poor boy used to be a mortal noble who was forced to flee his home with an assassin on his trail. He'd accidentally stumbled upon Chan and Minho, the couple taking a nightly walk not far from their home, and the two had gotten rid of the assassin in a heartbeat – but Jeongin was gravely injured and, in order to save him, Minho had turned him.

Jeongin had survived the turn, and the rest of the coven had been quick to accept him, happily welcoming "the baby", as Changbin put it.

A few months after Jeongin's turning, Seungmin and Hyunjin discovered that his own family was behind the assassination attempt. Jeongin had been absolutely heartbroken and, as per his request, they all agreed to help him get his revenge.

That night, they had stormed Jeongin's ancient home and killed everyone who had been in league with his traitorous family, and they'd forced the rest of the staff to flee. And, once they'd cleared out the place, Jeongin had gifted the mansion to the coven, figuring it would be a shame to let such a beautiful, spacious place go to waste. The coven had happily agreed, and they'd all settled quickly into their new home, which conveniently happened to be quite isolated from other human settlements and, as such, they were free to live in peace.

Though the entire coven absolutely adored to pamper Jeongin and take care of him – especially the older ones since Minho was his official Sire and Chan the mate of said Sire – the young vampire was still rather independent and, though he accepted being spoiled, he never demanded anything from them, preferring to do things on his own.

(He'd only ever asked for one thing from them, and that was when he practically begged Chan to help him get his revenge on his family.)

Unfortunately, with Jeongin's thirst for revenge now sated, the young Vampire lost interest in pretty much... everything. Nothing could hold his attention for very long, and he constantly picked up new hobbies only to abandon them the next day. And, though the others tried their best to distract him from his constant boredom, their attempts were rarely successful – and, when they were, they never lasted for long.

And so, though cherished so dearly by so many, Jeongin's first few centuries into eternity were morose, at best, and also incredibly lonely, in a way.

Thankfully, life was a matter of change, even for creatures immune to time.

.

Jeongin was out hunting, letting his instincts mostly take over – though the others preferred when he was accompanied because a small incident with a bunch of a hunters about two centuries ago, he enjoyed hunting on his own. The thrill of the chase, the satisfaction of a successful hunt entirely done on his own...