Lonely Together (HyunLix)

Pairing: Hyunjin & Felix

Genre: Mafia AU

!!TW!! : implied minor character deaths, obsession, stalking, they're both bad people ngl, assassination attempt, kind of kidnapping...?, very brief kind of torture...?

(requested by ireallybealive and smollsungie)

.

.

.

Felix sighed as he put his camera down on the table, along with all of the files he'd brought home from his office. He had a lot of work to get done in order to be ready for tomorrow's interview and, unfortunately, not much time for any of it.

He grabbed an apple while passing through the kitchen, making a beeline for his bedroom. There, he entered his walk-in closet and, using a button that was hidden underneath one of the shelves, he made the wall at the back flip over, revealing numerous weapons carefully aligned – knives, blades, guns, smoke bombs, ammo, any other gadgets that a part-time assassin like him could need, really.

Barely twenty-three, Felix had begun his journey into the world of journalism quite young thanks to his father. The man was a popular journalist known for exposing all sorts of vicious deeds and people and, back then, Felix genuinely thought of him as a hero – but then his father was assassinated, the culprits were never caught, and Felix realized that if being a hero meant dying for no reason, then he'd much rather be a villain who could achieve results.

Studying to become a journalist just like his father, Felix also spent years training in hand-to-hand combat, and he eventually found the right connections to get himself a few assassination contracts. He was sloppy back then, almost got caught a few times, but his work had drawn the attention of a good sponsor and now, he had a handler he could trust to have his back. 

Thanks to this new line of work, Felix had eventually tracked down the people who'd ordered the hit on his father – he hadn't gone after the assassins, well-aware that they'd only been doing their jobs – and he'd taken them out. This was the only time he'd ever killed for his personal interest, and he fully intended to keep it that way.

Being a journalist definitely gave him a lot more leeway than most other civilian jobs, and he enjoyed being able to out the monsters and their acts to the public like his father used to – but, contrarily to the good-hearted man, Felix wasn't altruistic enough to believe their justice system would pick up the slack, so he was always happy to do it in its stead.

He began grabbing his usual gear, shoving it in a sports bag. He was supposed to go after a big-shot CEO tonight who'd seemingly harassed and raped numerous employees and, despite the numerous proofs and testimonies, the entire situation had been pushed under the rug thanks to some hush money given to the corrupted authorities.

(Those weren't the most well-paying jobs, if Felix was to be honest. In this sort of scenario, Felix's clients were usually victims without a lot of money. However, he didn't care much for the price, so long as he could get the pleasure of getting rid of one more walking, talking trash bag.

It wasn't exactly an assassin's place to question a client's motives, but his handler always did his best to get contracts that aligned enough with his standards that Felix could still somehow justify his deeds even if, in the end, murder was murder.)

Just as he finished preparing his bag, his phone began buzzing.

"What's up?"

"Tonight's job is off."