Chosen Coven (OT16)

Pairing: ATZ & Felix (ft. SKZ)

Genre: Modern Fantasy AU

!!TW!! : mild angst, mention of assault, mentioned forced turning, abandonment

.

.

.

Felix's pout grew.

Hongjoong's frown deepened.

After a few more seconds of stillness, the older let out a low groan. "Fine."

Felix's eyes widened in shock. "Really!?"

"Really. But there'll be rules, Lix! Don't make me regret trusting you—oof!"

Overjoyed, Felix didn't think twice before throwing himself into the older's arms, hugging him tightly. Hongjoong let out a soft sigh, but a fond smile was tugging at his lips as he hugged the freckled boy back. The moment was quickly over, though, as Felix pulled away and literally vanished in the blink of an eye with a victorious "YES!" resounding throughout the entire mansion.

Hongjoong sighed again, sinking into his seat. Seconds later, two hands began massaging his scalp.

"Are you certain about this, love?"

"You're the one who told me it would be a good idea."

"And I stand by that opinion," hummed softly Seonghwa. "This will be good for him, Joong. We've had him for over a century, now. If we want to nurture him properly, then we need to let him spread his wings a little."

"I know, I know – but it won't stop me from worrying," huffed the older.

Seonghwa chuckled, leaning down to kiss his temple for only answer.

.

Hongjoong and Seonghwa were both pureblooded witches who met over half-a-millennia ago. They were soulmates, their magics meant to balance each other out and, eventually, their friendship grew into something more. And, from their ever-growing love and relationship was slowly born a coven.

One after the other, they'd picked up fellow witches to whom they taught the basics of how to control their magic, cast spells, create enchantments, and make potions, amongst many other things. In the three centuries following their initial meeting, Hongjoong and Seonghwa welcomed into their coven six wildly different witches. 

There was Yunho, their most talented member when it came to potions, and Yeosang, who had the special ability to see auras. There was Mingi, who had a gift for communicating with animals, and also San, who could read minds. And finally, there was Wooyoung, a particularly powerful empath, and Jongho, their youngest, who was actually a seer.

Their coven was quite large by witches' standards, and any bigger would require them sending one of their coven leaders to join South Korea's Witching Council, seeing as they would become large enough to warrant a more acute supervision. So, Hongjoong and Seonghwa were determined not to take anyone else in, neither wishing for the extra responsibilities and pressure.

(While any witch had to answer to the authority of the SKWC, and all covens had to be registered under them for legal technicalities, having a coven leader on the Council meant stricter regulations, in addition to an obligation to supervise other, smaller covens as well, and potentially assimilate them into their own should the need arise – something none of them wanted, seeing as they were more than happy with just being eight.)

But then, a little over a century ago, they found Felix.

Felix was an exchange student from Australia, only meant to spend one semester in a foreign country so as to get in touch with his family's roots and learn more about the language and the culture.