Take Me To the Moon (OT8)

Pairing: SKZ & Felix

Genre: Sci-Fi AU

!!TW!! : mild angst, mentioned minor character deaths, minor mind control

(requested by smollsungie)

.

.

.

"Why have you gathered us? Is something the matter?"

"The High Priestesses had their final vision regarding our missing mate."

The Moon Crowned Prince's announcement instantly drew the attention of all six of his mates. The Saturn Prince, who'd asked without expecting much of an answer, immediately straightened up in his seat as the others began paying rapt attention. The Moon Crowned Prince smiled knowingly at their reactions, but decided against taunting them any further, well aware that they were just as impatient as he was.

"Where is he?" asked the Mars Prince, a tad breathlessly.

With a wave of his hand, the Moon Crowned Prince activated the table in the middle of the room, the lights in the room dimming as a clear-cut image of a familiar planet was projected for all to see. They all leaned forward in anticipation as, slowly, the projection began growing more detailed, the planet shifting to a more specific country, and eventually to a more specific city.

"Our mate is Human," the Moon Crowned Prince announced. "A resident of Earth, living in a city called Sydney."

"Humans tend to overpopulate, do they not?" mused the Venus Prince, leaning lazily against the Neptune Prince. "How are we meant to find him?"

"A Human blessed by the Stars, with the light of a thousand Suns emanating from their soul," recited the Moon Crowned Prince with a small smile. "We will know, just like we've known every single time. We are meant to be together."

"Then what are we waiting for?" replied the Jupiter Prince, jumping to his feet. "Let's go find them and bring them back at once!"

The others all chorused in agreement, eager grins stretching their lips.

Finally, their eighth mate was coming home.

.

A few months later

.

"I'm telling you, Lix – they're super weird."

Felix rolled his eyes a bit at his friend's insistence. Coming home after almost a full year of living in South Korea with distant relatives was something he'd long awaited, but one thing he hadn't particularly missed was his best friend's tendency to judge quickly. Though Eric was kind, he was the type to follow the crowd so, often enough, he judged books by their covers without asking many questions.

He'd only been back for a few days, but the first semester had already begun, and he couldn't afford to miss more classes – hence why he was currently on his way to the college he'd gotten into with Eric right by his side, his friend catching him up with everything he'd missed since he left.

(Over a year ago, an unfortunate car accident had left Felix orphaned and, not yet capable of taking care of himself, he'd gone to live with his grandparents for a while, so as to better deal with his grief and heal from this terrible loss. He had finished his high school there, but eventually decided to return to Sydney to pick up his life right where he left it.