Chosen Coven (OT16) [PART 2]

Pairing: Hyunjin & Felix & Jeongin (ft. ATZ & SKZ)

Genre: Modern Fantasy AU

!!TW!! : mild angst, some health issues but nothing major, I think, blood because VAMPIRES, possessiveness

.

.

.

"And you believe this boy to be your mate?"

"I know he is, hyung," assured firmly Hyunjin, squeezing Jeongin's hand. "I wouldn't be able to mistake that kind of feeling even if I tried to."

"We've always known we were missing someone," added Jeongin. "I didn't get to establish a connection with him like Hyunjin-hyung did, but I trust him. If he says that this Lee Felix is our mate, then it must be true."

"Well, that's all well and dandy... but if he really is your mate, then why the heck would he run away?" replied Jisung, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That's..."

Jeongin and Hyunjin exchanged a glance, unsure. It could take centuries before a Vampire met their mate (or mates), so there was no way they'd just run away when that chance finally presented itself – but Lee Felix was an odd one who didn't possess the usual appearance of a Vampire, and who apparently lived with a bunch of Witches.

"Could your mate be a witch?" suggested tentatively Seungmin.

"... I don't know. There's just something really weird about the whole situation," sighed Hyunjin, sinking into the couch.

There was a sigh on the other end of the line before Chan spoke up again. "I'll see if I can find anything about him in the city records. In the meantime, try not to scare him off. It looks like you've already spooked him pretty badly – the last thing you want is to lose him."

Jeongin and Hyunjin nodded firmly in agreement and, after biding their goodbye to their coven leader, the phone call was cut. There was a moment of silence before Jisung clicked his tongue.

"Well, not much more we can do right now. Let's just wait for classes to start. Since his dorm is so close to ours, he probably shares some classes with us."

Seungmin smiled softly, patting Jeongin's shoulder. "We'll figure this out, guys. You are mates – you're bound to find your way to each other eventually."

Hyunjin and Jeongin couldn't help but smile a bit at that. Their friend was right: they'd waited a long time to find their missing piece – they could wait a little longer.

.

Though the school wasn't all that big, it took a surprisingly long time before they crossed paths with Felix again – or, more accurately, it took them over three weeks before they finally had the chance to directly speak with him again.

(As Jisung speculated, they shared a few classes with him, but he was completely unapproachable, always surrounded by his Witch friends who made a point of never letting him out of their sight. Getting Felix alone was simply impossible and, needless to say, Hyunjin and Jeongin were growing a tad restless – Jeongin because he had yet to bond with Felix, and Hyunjin because the connection he'd managed to establish was starting to wither from the lack of proper bonding, and it was starting to take a serious toll on him – both physically and mentally.)

Thankfully, luck seemed to be on their side – the Witches weren't entirely ignorant of their kind, it would seem, for one of them (the one who'd confronted them at the door the last time they tried to see Felix) came to find them.