Sun & Moon (HyunLix) [PART 3]

Pairing: Hyunjin & Felix

Genre: Fantasy AU

!!TW!! : post-war, violence, racism, attempted murder/poison, injury, blood

.

.

.

"You're staring again."

"Shut up. I'm not."

Minho rolled his eyes, going back to reading his book. Ignoring him, Hyunjin reported his attention to the gardens below, where a particular halfling was currently tending to the flower beds. It was a little hard to look away – his enhanced sight allowed him to see just how every single freckle on the boy's skin soaked up the sunlight and glowed so prettily.

Okay, so maybe Hyunjin was staring a bit.

Six months had passed since the end of the war. Six months since the Moon Coven beat the Sun Tribe, six months since Hyunjin met his father's "killer", six months since a tentative truce was establish between the two kinds so they could figure out just what the hell was going on, exactly.

Six months since Felix returned to the elven capital with them.

The halfling was... special. There was really no other way to describe him. Beyond his mixed heritage, he had a personality that simply didn't fit any of the Fae stereotype Hyunjin had grown up learning about – the halfling was selfless to a fault, honest to a fault, kind to a fault—

Ironically, Hyunjin couldn't find any flaw in him, and it was both intriguing and irritating.

Coming back home carrying the banner of victory had been a unique experience. All of his people were overjoyed, of course – that is, until word of the mercy he'd shown the Royal Frolic spread. They couldn't outright admit to their tentative truce, not until they had a better idea of what kind of third party they were fighting against, meaning Hyunjin couldn't give his people the answers they wanted.

So, instead, he gave them something hopefully better.

A chance to start over. Hope, for a better future.

("The war is over. Each side suffered greatly, too greatly, and the cost paid by both the Moon Coven and the Sun Tribe is unfathomable. Any more bloodshed would be pointless and merciless, and we are not monsters. We might have won the war but, ultimately, we all lost too much.

It is time for a new era to start, and I am willing to take the first step in the direction of a lasting peace where elves and fairies can cohabit, but I cannot do it on my own. I do not ask you to forgive and forget, but I do ask of you to support me in this endeavor, for it is unity that makes our strength, and I cannot ensure our two species' future on my own.

Everyone is hurt. Everyone is tired. We are no strangers to sacrifices, so I will ask one last thing from all of you: please, try your best to move on. Do not indulge in a hate that was pointlessly bred for generations, do not taint our future with mistakes of the past. Move on, and allow our two kingdoms to grow anew.")

And, surprisingly enough, it worked – for the most part.

Everyone was hurt. Everyone was tired. No one wanted to give up, but moving on felt feasible, at the very least.

Unfortunately, just because his people accepted his resolution didn't mean all of them were happy with welcoming fairies within their city. While Jisung and Felix weren't allowed to leave the palace, they definitely had a hard time adapting to the new environment and the people there.