Sun & Moon (HyunLix)

Pairing: Hyunjin & Felix

Genre: Fantasy AU

!!TW!! : war, mentions of bloodshed and violence, duel, blood, injury, angst

.

.

.

The Moon Coven and the Sun Tribe had been at war for well-over eight-hundred years, now. Each party would blame the other for the countless lives lost and the incomparable bloodshed that had tainted their beloved lands to the core but, ultimately, there was one thing the Elves and the Fae could agree on: the winners would be the ones rewriting history as they pleased.

One would think that over eight-hundred years of merciless slaughter and unquestioned hatred would make the two races tire of conflict, but Elves and Fae had the memory to match their immortal lifespan, and grudges ran deep on both sides of the wall separating their respective lands.

Or at least, such was the case until said wall fell.

After almost a full millennium of war, the Elves of the Moon Coven had managed to find the opening they needed to invade the Sun Capital. Making use of abandoned and seemingly forgotten tunnels that ran under the entire Sun Tribe's territory, they managed to sneak inside the city and directly attack the Royal Frolic. The nightly ambushed was conducted by none other than the Elf King himself, who had inherited the throne a hundred-and-fifty-two years ago after his father had been mercilessly struck down by the Crowned Fae Prince during a failed truce attempt.

Needless to say, the Elf King was more than happy to lead the assault and avenge his father and all of his fallen brethren.

While the ambush occurred, another party of Elves had set up explosives at strategic places in some of the tunnels that ran under the wall and, upon receiving the signal, the explosive had been set off. The wall had crumbled without warning for the Fae, granting full entry to the elven army that had been waiting just outside, hidden by complicated magical wards that the Elf King's right-hand-man had spent months developing.

The elven army had swept within the Sun Capital like a deadly tsunami, washing through the streets and mercilessly cutting down any resistance. It didn't take long for the fires of war to spread from one house to the house, for the smoke of death to fill the nightly sky, for the screams of the Fae to echo like a somber requiem.

From the balcony overseeing the entire city, Hyunjin stood stiffly, watching the ongoing massacre with a twinge of regret that was quickly quashed by the usual anger and hatred that had been burning in his heart since birth. As the minutes trickled by, the screams below began dying down, all resistance finally coming to an end as the Elves, greater in numbers, completely took over the city. The soldiers that had yet to fall were now giving up arms in the face of the civilian hostages, and it wouldn't take long for the Royal Frolic to also bend the knee, at last.

Hyunjin would make a special example out of them.

There was a whoosh of air slightly behind him, followed by an all-too-familiar burst of magic, and the Elf King didn't even bother turning around to face the newcomer.

"What news do you bring, Minho?"

His right-hand-man bowed – he always did, even when Hyunjin repeatedly told him not to. There was no denying that having such a powerful sorcerer bow to him did some good things for Hyunjin's ego, though.

"The Royal Frolic has been vanquished. The Sun Capital has fallen under our control, and there are almost no pockets of resistance left." He could hear the relief of victory in Minho's voice, the mild disbelief too. "Victory is ours, Your Highness – the Moon Coven has won the war."