Dance Monkey (OT8)

Pairing: SKZ & Felix

Genre: Mafia AU

!!TW!! : pole dancing, implied stripping, indecent clothing/lingerie I guess?, drugging

(requested by @bluebirdangel & @fruitisgoodireallylikegrapes)

.

.

.

"Here's this week's pay."

"What—that's even less than last week!"

His employer shrugged, obviously not caring much for Felix's plight, and the freckled boy gritted his teeth as he shoved the wad of cash in his purse. It was still a lot more money than he'd make anywhere else, but it still wasn't enough to cover his rent and his tuition, let alone food or some more decent clothes.

He'd have to take up an extra shift to make up for the difference, and the thought absolutely repulsed him – but it's not like he had much of a choice, anyway.

His parents had basically disowned him the moment he came out as gay but, since he was still a minor, they couldn't possibly kick him out without getting in a lot of trouble for it. So, they'd sent him off to live with a great aunt located in South Korea at the tender age of fifteen. 

Adapting to an entirely new country hadn't been easy. Everything was different, from the people to the language, and Felix struggled in his new school. His aunt had no idea of why his parents had sent him to live with her, only that they could no longer be bothered with keeping him, and they were paying her quite a handsome sum of money every month so she'd keep him.

When he turned eighteen, his parents stopped paying his great aunt. The woman never really liked him much, calling him a burden and barely offering him the bare minimum so he wouldn't die on her. So, when she stopped receiving money for her troubles, well, she figured Felix was no longer her problem. 

He ended up in the streets with only the clothes on his back and a small backpack with what little he possessed, and not a single cent to get him through the day. He didn't want to stop going to school, however – he knew it would only get worse if he didn't graduate, because it would only be that much harder to find a job then, and he refused to give up that easily.

Felix slowly started getting tangled up with the wrong kind of people in order to survive and keep a semblance of a normal life. Somehow, he found himself striking a deal with the owner of a dancing/stripping club – he'd be allowed to stay in one of the crappy flats above the club, and the rent would be directly taken out of his pay.

So yes, Felix had to start working there.

He'd been naïve then, too eager to finally have a roof over his head and believing that maybe he'd finally found a safe place to stay. He'd thought the owner would make him work at the bar or as a server – never once did he imagine he'd be forced to become one of the dancers.

In addition to making him pay a ridiculous amount of money for a flat that definitely wasn't worth the price, the owner kept on taking money out of his weekly pay for all sorts of ridiculous reasons – from "using too much heat" to "extra fees for using the lift".

And there was the never-ending debt, too. Felix needed to win a certain amount of money from his costumers and if he couldn't reach that quota every night he worked, then the difference would be docked from his salary. He'd tried to protest it at first, but the owner had been quick to make his opinion on the matter clear: he basically owned Felix, and that meant he didn't have a choice in the matter. And, if the boy tried to run, then the owner would send his muscly goons after him to drag him back and beat the rebelliousness out of him.