You Can Do It! (JeongLix)

Pairing: Jeongin & Felix (ft. SKZ & ATZ)

Genre: Idol AU, Littlespace AU

!!TW!! : mild angst, insecurities, age regression, stunts, ultimately sweet

(requested by @midnightstorm)

.

.

.

"Lixie? Are you in there, baby?"

Soft, muffled sniffles echoed in answer, and Jeongin held back a relieved sigh. He'd been looking for Felix for almost half-an-hour now, his boyfriend having vanished without warning the moment they all returned from their dry rehearsal. He quickly made his way to the last stall in the bathroom, carefully pulling it open. 

There Felix was, curled up in a corner with his legs pulled against his chest, his lower lip wobbling as tears trailed down his eyes, admittedly damaging his makeup a bit. Jeongin cooed softly, going to sit beside him, and Felix let out a small sob when his boyfriend pulled him into his arms.

"Lixie, I told you not to disappear like that," he scolded gently.

"'m sorry. I just felt bad and didn't want- didn't want the others to see."

His sweet boyfriend was obviously struggling between two headspaces right now, his instincts calling for him to slip but his mind painfully aware that he couldn't afford it right now. Jeongin merely tightened his hold on him in an attempt to ground him.

"Why do you feel bad, baby?" he asked softly, rubbing Felix's back. "Is it because of what happened during rehearsal?" Felix nodded quickly, hiding his face in Jeongin's chest. "Lixie, it was just an accident. It happens to everyone. You'll do better during the real performance, I'm sure of it."

"But- but I hurt Sungie...! And what if- what if I don't do better? What if I mess everything up and- and make us look bad and disappoint everyone—"

"Love, you're getting too lost in your head right now," chided Jeongin, kissing Felix's forehead – the Little almost instantly relaxed under the show of affection. "You're getting too worked up over this, okay? You need to take deep breaths and focus on something else for a bit."

"I- I can't...!"

"Hmm, yes you can, baby. I know you can. How about we go back to our room? I brought you drawing book and your pencil case. We can draw together and relax. How does that sound, sweetheart?"

"But I'm gonna slip..."

"It's okay if you slip for a bit," assured Jeongin, petting the Little's head. "We'll keep an eye on the time and I'll talk you out of your headspace in time, okay? Plus, you'll have a much clearer head if you allow yourself to relax for a bit."

They still had many hours before they were to be called on stage to film the first episode of Kingdom. They had ample time for Felix to regress for a bit, maybe even take a nap, and Jeongin was confident that his boyfriend would feel much better afterward. Right now, he was too shaken by what happened during practice – it wouldn't do any good for his headspace.

Felix finally caved in, nodding mutely as he snuggled a bit more in Jeongin's arms. The younger smiled a bit before readjusting his hold around his boyfriend and rising to his feet, easily picking Felix up. It had taken him a while to get used to his enhanced strength after presenting as a Caregiver, but he'd come a long way since then.

Humming softly under his breath, Jeongin carried Felix back to their lounge where the rest of the group was anxiously waiting for their return. They all knew just how badly Felix had taken his mistakes during the rehearsal, and they could only hope things would go better during the real stage – not only for the sake of the competition, but mostly for Felix's confidence, since it would undoubtedly crash if they didn't get a good result because of a mistake he made.